Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

scootergirl

Dobie Gray

I dug out my old vinyls today haven't been in the attic for years, was amazed to find I have a single vinyl 45 of out on the floor by dobie gray ...it was made in 1965.... on the Black Magic label b side is a song called be a man.... im totally amazed that im such a love of northern soul its been up in that loft and its 49 years old

wondering if its worth anything, ive read it was re released in 1969 and early 70s but this was made in 1965 its in perfect coniton ive been playing it this afternoon.

thanks

scooter girlx

Guest Dave Turner

The 1965 date is the original published date. The Black Magic reissue came out in July '74

Worth about a couple of quid, if that although some folks get a fiver fer it

post-13147-0-55917800-1394745459_thumb.j

Edited by Dave Turner

Sorry scooter girl, Dave Turner is spot on - it's not the original US Charger you have, it is a UK reissue by Selectadisc of Nottingham.

So what if it's worth a few quid only, it's a brilliant record. Just enjoy it.

The worth of the record is in the grooves. The original US release was on the Charger label in 1965. It is CLASSIC Northern Soul and worth owning in any format.

Many in circulation are boots, in reality it's quite hard to find an original. The re-issue on Thunderbird is quite rare and used to go for about £70 - 90 not any more though.

Many in circulation are boots, in reality it's quite hard to find an original. The re-issue on Thunderbird is quite rare and used to go for about £70 - 90 not any more though.

Yes it's not as expensive on Thunderbird as it used to be but it's the only way to have it on a WD. 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts