Gene Toon

sirshambling

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Some friends and I are in contact with Gene Toon (the correct spelling BTW) and will be publishing his full story including his astonishing gospel career on-line soon.

Sadly as is so often the case, he doesn't have any of his recordings so we are looking to put them together on a couple of CDs for him. We have all his tracks bar the flip to "What More Do You Want" entitled "How It Feels". Does anybody have this as an MP3? Would anybody be willing to send it to me so we can include it on Mr Toon's CDs?

Many thanks for any help. Full credit given of course. Best wishes, john.

How Old Is He Now And Where Does He Live? Maybe Some Pictorial Material? Would Be Awesome

thx

Social source share

John, we've been in touch with him for a good while too as you may know already, drop a line directly as there may be some recordings you're not aware of to add, plus we both have clean copies of How it feels if you still need that. 

Hi Michael,

Only just seen this - thanks very much for replying. I've got "How It Feels" thanks very much but am now in need opf "Night Walker". Got the deep flip but not that top side. If you have that one I'd love an MP3 if you can provide it.

I think that just about does it for the secular material and the others guys (John Glassburner and Karl Tsigdinos) are gospel freaks as I'm sure you know and they tell me they've got all his Church material.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best, John.

Social source share

Yes I have Night Walker John, to make a higher quality mp3 will need to give it to R to do for you, can leave it at his place this week k

ps Night Walker was cut on the street where I live, address is now a deli and owners are newish so no history there, but literally steps from my front door, pretty crazy huh  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!