geeselad

what's a wighat?

excuse my ignorance on 60's blackamerican vernacular, but what the hell is  wighat? I've heard them referred to in various soul funk and blues records, along with high heel sneakers, can anyone enlighten me? 

According to a quick search on t'internet, it is a detachable wig that can be donned or doffed much like a hat, hence the name. they are usually in the topknot or Beehive styles= The Ronettes.

High healed sneakers are just that, like a trainer/ sports shoe with a heel stack, not stiletto style as that would be hideous:wicked:

Edited by TattooDave

About 40 years ago when I first started work one of the HGV drivers always wore a red bobble hat over what appeared to be a fine head of auburn hair, one day whilst retrieving something from under the wagon his hat caught and was knocked off revealing a clean bald head underneath, it seems the hair was sewn in around the edge of the hat, now thats what I'd call a "Wighat"

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.