HELP NEEDED -- SNOWFALL

Roburt

I started watching this show, that BBC2 are currently screening .... but then (a couple of weeks in), we shot off to Florida for over a month.

So, on our return, with many other TV shows for my wife to catch up on, I decided to wait till it was repeated to get back into it.

. . . . . . HOWEVER ... today, I chatted with Lou Ragland and he told me that in one episode, as one of the main guys in the show was going into a shop, the background music played was  .... WE HAD TRUE LOVE .... anyone here watch the show & can tell me which episode to check out ??

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

4 hours ago, Roburt said:

Not all the cuts used in the show are listed on the web site ... lots of folk sending in questions to try to find out the other stuff that ain't listed.

I hardly know anything played on the show! Thanks for the link guys will check it out.loved the tunes from the scene when they go to the black biker party in oakland. Some awesome funky rock tracks. Wonder who the music advisor was? And what's their pedigree? Now I'd pay good money and travel to hear that dude spin. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, geeselad said:

I hardly know anything played on the show! Thanks for the link guys will check it out.loved the tunes from the scene when they go to the black biker party in oakland. Some awesome funky rock tracks. Wonder who the music advisor was? And what's their pedigree? Now I'd pay good money and travel to hear that dude spin. 

I've tried to find out the name of the funk track played in the club towards end of episode 1 or 2 that you asked about a while ago.

still no joy here and its not listed on that site.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, dylan said:

I've tried to find out the name of the funk track played in the club towards end of episode 1 or 2 that you asked about a while ago.

still no joy here and its not listed on that site.

More Bounce To The Ounce - Zapp. Song titles are displayed if you watch with the subtitles on.

Social source share

I passed along the link (tunefind) to Lou so he could pull up the page that had his UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER listed.

Lou's not the greatest at web based tasks (well, he is well into his 70's) ... BUT he made use of the site and e-mailed back to let me know he had already found 2 other TV shows that had used old tracks of his. So, he's now onto his US rep to chase up any royalties due ...

He sends his thanks to Dylan. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, autumnstoned said:

More Bounce To The Ounce - Zapp. Song titles are displayed if you watch with the subtitles on.

Thats not the one its a more heavy gritty 70s sound.  A club scene near the end.  Then after he walks out the club he gets beat up in the alley outside.

I think its episode 2

• Up vote 1
Social source share

just watched the final two episodes of season one, and in ep 9 "Story of a Scar" I heard a tune I'd never have expected to pop up - Stone Crush On You - O.T. Sykes (Fun City) !

Like most folk I dislike it when northern tunes are added to TV, Adverts, etc, just to try to be trendy, or sell to a certain age group, but when they pop up unexpectedly with no knowledge of our scene then it always makes me smile.   O.T. Sykes gem is from that era when I could still dance , it always drew me to the floor, along with many other who claimed 60's only allegiance ;-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!