Rubin Parker

Guest andyrattigan

Guest andyrattigan

I recently bought a copy of Rubin Parker- You've Been Away on Rita Records. I know that it was originally issued on Kapp. Is the RITA issue a re-release, a re-issue or was the tune just released on several labels at the same time? If the RITA release is of the same year as the Kapp release would that make it an original albeit on another label?

I never thought I would become an anorak but judging by the post Ive just typed, Im afraid the metamorphosis is complete. There was a time when I bought tunes on any format at all and I still do for listening purposes, but original vinyl 45s and albums have become an obsession.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I recently bought a copy of Rubin Parker- You've Been Away on Rita Records. I know that it was originally issued on Kapp. Is the RITA issue a re-release, a re-issue or was the tune just released on several labels at the same time? If the RITA release is of the same year as the Kapp release would that make it an original albeit on another label?

I never thought I would become an anorak but judging by the post Ive just typed, Im afraid the metamorphosis is complete. There was a time when I bought tunes on any format at all and I still do for listening purposes, but original vinyl 45s and albums have become an obsession.

The "Rubin Parker" on Rita is a Pressing.

From Selectadisc way back when (73 ish).

Sean

Social source share

As far as I know the only true original is the Kapp release which is just credited as "Rubin" - in fact, I remember reading somewhere that the "Rubin Parker" credit on this reissue was inspired by it being covered up as Eddie Parker originally?

*update* just checked in JM's guide - the Rubin parker copies are actually boots.

Social source share

As far as I know the only true original is the Kapp release which is just credited as "Rubin" - in fact, I remember reading somewhere that the "Rubin Parker" credit on this reissue was inspired by it being covered up as Eddie Parker originally?

*update* just checked in JM's guide - the Rubin parker copies are actually boots.

=======

yes but what a record!!

Social source share

yeah grate tune but the

Rita copy has got to be the poorest quality Ive ever heard in a bootleg.

total shit whith a capital S

=============

ill never forget this when it played at wigan,,the thunderous claps and stomping of feet to the 'beat '

absolutley brilliant,

,fortunately got a nice kapp copy do dont need the rita pressing!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!