Saintmo

Guest Baz

Picked up a great record by the Sounds Four on this Keep on lovin, picked it out as i have the Fabulous Four - If i knew, been giving this some turntable action in my spots of late and its a floor packer! so expecting the same for the sounds four, got every thing required to be so!

Any other Gems on this lable?

Will do a sound file when me head comes round for the sounds four, all ready posted the Fabulous Four so will copy that over too :thumbsup:

Edited by Baz
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

released twice with different flips A Memory Best Forgotten on 202 and Hey Girl on 203. Great track like you said as is Fabulous Four which was released on the rarer Peak label.

Thats the one i got the 202 one, 'memory' aint a bad record either, wonder what hey girl is like, got a bargain at £15 me thinks :thumbsup:

Old stafford sound chalky?

Social source share

Adey Pierce got hold of some Guy with something to do with "Saintmo" and bought all his stock, when he got round there the Guy was just putting the finishing Artistic touches to the Peak release with a Marker pen (as above). Adey only managed to get a few that hadn't been "Customised"

Social source share

Keep on Lovin' - sounds four - saintmo

13692 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

Fabulous Four - If i knew

10025 refosoul

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Thats the one i got the 202 one, 'memory' aint a bad record either, wonder what hey girl is like, got a bargain at £15 me thinks :D

Old stafford sound chalky?

Baz, ya got the best ov the threesum with "If I Knew" a classy classy sound, know it's rarer on peak, but am happy to have it on Saintmo mesell. Strange numbering..... 202, 203 and 300?? Often wondered if there was anything else on label, but never found anything... will send up a file ov "Hey Girl" for ya to listen to, another cheapie that ya may as well get to slip in with the other two! :yes:

steve

Social source share

Adey Pierce got hold of some Guy with something to do with "Saintmo" and bought all his stock, when he got round there the Guy was just putting the finishing Artistic touches to the Peak release with a Marker pen (as above). Adey only managed to get a few that hadn't been "Customised"

also released on a gold peak label, which is quite rare

Social source share

Hey Girl - sounds four - saintmo

13715 refosoul

here ya go Baz, wot ya reckon?

steve

Thanks Steve, really like it, not one for the playlist but deffo getting one for me colection :lol: My kinda sound, male group harmoneys :thumbup:

Social source share

I've got one. was outbid t'other night on the one with Hey Girl flip, not that bothered mind. Offered another by seller for £12.

It wernt me mate :thumbsup:

See if he's got another for £12, i'll have it :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've got one. was outbid t'other night on the one with Hey Girl flip, not that bothered mind. Offered another by seller for £12.

£12 bout right I'd say Chalky, Fabulous Four deffo the one on the label imo. as I said, I'd love to know if there was anything else on label, and was Fabulous Four the first label issue?, where is 201? Is The Fabulous Four the Sounds Four?

steve

ps Baz, glad ya got to hear "Hey Girl" as ya say mate, great group harmony soul :P

Social source share

£12 bout right I'd say Chalky, Fabulous Four deffo the one on the label imo. as I said, I'd love to know if there was anything else on label, and was Fabulous Four the first label issue?, where is 201? Is The Fabulous Four the Sounds Four?

steve

ps Baz, glad ya got to hear "Hey Girl" as ya say mate, great group harmony soul :D

Yeah cheers for posting it great record :thumbsup:

I had the same thought, Fabulous and Sounds one of the same?

Wheres the experts when you need them hey :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert