Didn't Think It Would Take Long

Chalky

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was wondering how long it would be before this was booted once it was out on cd....

https://cgi.ebay.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-MONSTER-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just out of curiosity, who is it that buys stuff like this?

If it's on cd as Chalky says then the ability to play it at home for your own entertainment is covered right there surely - can't be many people with turntables and no cd player.

So who does that leave?

Record collectors - they aint gonna want a piece of crap bootleg like that.

Dj's - surely not? Would anyone seriously play that in their set (the bootleg i mean- the song is fab!!)?

So who is left?

Don't get me wrong here, i am not sitting in judgement. I'd love the original vinyl myself but can't/won't pay large sums of money for records like that so i'm happy to blast it out of my itunes or cd player once in a while. I also like to give my creaky knees a workout to it when i hear it played out (Mick H and Ady Potts spring immediately to mind).

So if anyone on here either has or would buy this i would be genuinely interested in their reasons smile.gif

martin

Social source share

Anyone noticed the seller has put the full record in the auction player, just grabbed it for nowt wicked.gif .........is this bootlegging a bootleg??

BH

Is it possible to save those auction player samples then Blake, if so, how do you do it??? There was a French language version of Don't Pity me on there recently and I tried everything but couldn't work out how to save it.

As for this record, Johnny Praye - first time I've heard it - 5 out of 10

Social source share

Is it possible to save those auction player samples then Blake, if so, how do you do it??? There was a French language version of Don't Pity me on there recently and I tried everything but couldn't work out how to save it.

https://www.applian.com/freecorder/ Mentioned before. Records anything through pc. Stop and go. That simple. Only criticism, bit tinny on occasion dependent on original recording. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I set my recorder (polderbits) to record "What you hear" and away you go, can send you the mp3 if you want (Triple bootlegging)

BH

Social source share

Sounds great out pete, listening to it on there gives it no justice what so ever thumbsup.gif infact it sounds pants compared to over a big system

Social source share

I was wondering how long it would be before this was booted once it was out on cd....

https://cgi.ebay.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-MONSTER-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I personally hope that they get publicly flogged...........everyone to do with this label are still out there, the ownwer of the label still in the business, I truly hope that they see this & rape the fckers for everything, I paid a lot of money for this record & if anyone had the audacity to play the boot the set before me I would honestly break it in half right there.

I really am getting seriously pissed off with the attitude that its alright for DJ's to play bootlegs, well it isnt, wasnt & never will be, if you cant afford the records dont bother, thats why its called rare soul for gods sake. There are plenty of cheaper records out there for innovative DJ's who have some imagination. I dont always have that kinda money for records, occasionally I get lucky & move stuff around & hey I invest in one of my 'wants', but usually like most of us Im living by my wits & working very hard to find records.

Russ

Social source share

I personally hope that they get publicly flogged...........everyone to do with this label are still out there, the ownwer of the label still in the business, I truly hope that they see this & rape the fckers for everything, I paid a lot of money for this record & if anyone had the audacity to play the boot the set before me I would honestly break it in half right there.

I really am getting seriously pissed off with the attitude that its alright for DJ's to play bootlegs, well it isnt, wasnt & never will be, if you cant afford the records dont bother, thats why its called rare soul for gods sake. There are plenty of cheaper records out there for innovative DJ's who have some imagination. I dont always have that kinda money for records, occasionally I get lucky & move stuff around & hey I invest in one of my 'wants', but usually like most of us Im living by my wits & working very hard to find records.

Russ

:thumbsup:Absolutely right Russ. I put all the records on my wants list into the ebay search engine the other day. And guess what? 90% of em were available on boots and re-issues. But who for? And I still don't believe that these re-issues are all legal....

I really can't believe that there is money to be made out of this sordid business. A lot of these records haven't even had the exposure so as to be that popular. Ruining the scene in my humble opinion.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert