Richard Blandon & the Dubs

Mal C

Really into a track by these guys called "Lost in the Wilderness" on Vicki Records. A sort of Low Fi track that has gota certian funk to it... I love it.

I dont know much about Richard Blandon, other than he is the Brother of Curtis Blandon, cousin of William Carlyle, according to Discogs. The Dubs were a harmony group form the 5ts. There is a CD of tracks by them called "Where Do We Go From Here" The Unavailable 24 Tracks Plus 3 Bonus Cuts...

All Discogs are on sale from the States, so I wont bother ordereing from over there, sick of getting charges from the Royal mail, does anybody have this CD, and perhaps say what the tracks are like?  "Lost in the Wilderness" is from 71, so I wonder if its a smattering of their older stuff plus some 7ts tracks thrown in? who knows

Interesting group, and doesn't seem all that much out there on the Dubs, or Richard Blandon from the 7ts p[eriod, but i did find this from 83, he does have a passing resemblance to Richard Pryor in this one...

Mal

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Lost in the wilderness - a brilliant and intensely deep track that picked up some traction on the funkier side of the scene half a dozen years ago or there abouts from the likes of 'Wayne Fatshoolaces', Steve Johnson (and to a lesser degree, myself - although you would have to have been early doors in Amsterdam to have heard it). Must say, I absolutely love it. JM auctioned a copy a few years back, not for 'Lost' but for the other side, and I think it fetched around the mid-200 quid. Of course, copies are available on Discogs for quite a bit less than that.

I've seen the YT clips, and yes, there is a touch of Richard Prior there! Can't help you with the CD tracks, however, which was really what you were asking. Sorry...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!