foreign Jonnies

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There was an absolute beauty on Ebay last week, I think it was from Dominican Republic or somewhere similar, sung in Spanish by a girl - really raw midtempo tune, I nearly bought it but because it wasn't sung in English, I didn't bother, quite regret it now.

Social source share

ken, "The Point of no return",...... fookin brilliant!!! who did the english version????

There are a host of german soul records, didn't Lulu do some stuff in German?

Lulu!!no Scottish,and i think Gene McDanials

Social source share

12600 refosoul post-1986-1173011797_thumb.jpg

reminds me in parts of "take a giant step" by the profiles

wasnt there a load of records in the late-ish 70,s from canada that were sung in french

nannette workman-lady marmalade

mal- martyn stephens

lindberge 2-toulouse

mondo disco-el coco (incidently anyone got a soundfile of this for memories sake)

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

12600 refosoul post-1986-1173011797_thumb.jpg

Wow - Adriano is the King of Cool... :thumbsup: There is a list as long as your arm of Motown artists who released French, German, Spanish and Italian versions of their tracks....and most of them were released in picture sleeves. I'm sure someone on here posted quite a few scans of the P/Cs. Perhaps Roccia can help us out here :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

A: Side B: Side

post-2848-1173021225_thumb.jpg post-2848-1173021267_thumb.jpg

Dave f......................

Love this record Dave, was quite a popular side (the english speaking one) at the Newbury Nighters some years ago. Found a loverly minter in Savannah 2 yrs ago & had a devil of a job selling it............too dramatic for some I feel.

Russ

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Yep, that's me! How are u m8...?

Roccia, have you got any of the Italian Motown picture sleeves?? If so, are you able to scan them...they are lovely to look at :thumbsup: Any help appreciated. Jo

Social source share

Guest Roccia

Roccia, have you got any of the Italian Motown picture sleeves?? If so, are you able to scan them...they are lovely to look at :thumbsup: Any help appreciated. Jo

Jo, I got something for sure, but it needs a long digging session in my boxes to find them. Another good italian picture sleeve is Bobby Bland "I Ain't Myself Anymore" on Derbi (Duke on US). There's a complilation LP called "Nero Italiano" with some classic Motown tunes performed by the original artists, but sung in italian. It worth the price...

Ciao

Roccia

Social source share

Guest northernmod

Other italian PS are: Otis Clay - She's about a Mover, Tyrone Davis - Turn back the hands of time, Rocky Roberts - Just because of you...but sorry I don't own a scanner...I know there are many others PS of r&b/soul song printed in Italy... :thumbsup:

Two years ago in a small collection of records bought by my mother in the 60s I found a funny version of Felice Taylor "I feel love comin' on" performed by the italian pop singer Anna Identici and titled "Non mi cambierai" ("You won't change me")....

Another funny record it's the cover version of the R&b dancer "I ain't gonna cry no more" (Timy Yuro) sung by Little Tony (a sort of italian rock'n'roll singer) titled "Mai pi¹ ti cercher²"...

There are also lots of american/english beat songs covered by italian bands of the 60s....and some ska tunes, too...("shame & scandal" and "my boy lollipop" were popular here in the 60s..) :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Cheers!

Brian - Varese, North of Italy

Edited by northernmod
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!