James brown

Soulagogo
Go to solution Solved by Soulagogo,

Never seen a red mojo.

Only mojo demos I've ever seen have the very small not for sale stickers with red writing on them I've had lots of those and nearly all of the stickers have fallen off.

James brown records on parlaphone are red,and of course the polydor releases were all red.

Without checking I think the only James brown release on mojo was " Hey America /Brother Rap"

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

Not coilectable for James Brown collectors or UK labels collectors I should believe. Odd, strange or even mysterious but nothing intriguing or interesting really. 

Agreed. Brother Rap is a good track but rather have Hey America on the other side.

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Soulagogo said:

Agree. It’s the unusual label that I was trying to find out more about.

I reckon it’s Rare but obviously not worth a lot , due to the artist. 

Rarity doesn't mean demand for it. A mispress with no "better for it but only less" and colored label. Mojo is not much. James brown has nothing really rare or requested for dee-jays. Early LP's in good condition and some UK singles are "collectors" items with prices accordingly. So this is most common (71 for sale on discogs) go figure... 

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Soulagogo said:

Ok I bow to your knowledge, I don’t buy the red felt tip , to go to that trouble 

along the circumference is a bit extreme. I know it’s not worth anything 

Would take two seconds , hardly any trouble , less hassle than having to keep guessing A from B  everytime it's played ... :facepalm:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!