Solar Eclipse Tonight

Mike

Anyone out there bothering trying to catch/follow it?

It will begin over the Cook Islands in the Pacific Ocean, and then move across Mexico and 13 US states before finishing in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

In the eclipse's path of deepest shadow - "totality" - the sky will go pitch black for four minutes and nine seconds

But that doesn’t mean it’s a total non-event. In regions like Normandy in France and in western parts of the UK, it should still be possible to witness the tail end of a partial eclipse just before sunset.

For Brits - essentially, if you draw a line from about Fowey in Cornwall to Berwick-upon-Tweed in Northumberland, then everything west of that line might just get a view of the Moon biting the edge of the Sun as it disappears over the horizon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/science-environment-68694245

Social source share

Was thinking about making the trip but am holding fire until 2027 , when I'm off to Sfax in Tunisia to share the longer (6 minute) totality with friends under clear Saharan skies without yanks to spoil the fun ... :thumbsup:

I'll be watching a livestream of today's happening if I can find one from a cloud clear location , the weather doesn't look overably favourable for much of the totality path unfortunately for those that did brave the hyperbole , the trip and the extortionate price-hikes over there .

Edited by Woodbutcher
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Was thinking about making the trip but am holding fire until 2027 , when I'm of to Sfax in Tunisia to share the longer (6 minute) totality with friends under clear Saharan skies without yanks to spoil the fun ... :thumbsup:

I'll be watching a livestream of today's happening if I can find one from a cloud clear location , the weather doesn't look overably favourable for much of the totality path unfortunately for those that did brave the hyperbole , the trip and the extortionate price-hikes over there .

Well, you're SS's Mr Telescope/Astral man, and if it's no good for you then it's no good for me! 🤓

How about anyone else.

Thanks for the heads up Mike - I had no idea.

Peter

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!