• Replies 19
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest martinsbox

Saw this on ebay the other day, can't find it now!

Lainie Hill "time marches on" on New Voice, but on a plain, dark blue New Voice demo, credited to Lainie HALL. Styrene. Know it was booted, but can't remember these.

Found it!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Northern-Soul-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

The boot copy of Lainie Hill in the 70's was blue and white and the same design as the original . . . on styrene. I have never seen it booted like the one you show, and named as Lainie Hall!! Weird!

Lainie Hall ? - Time marches on.

14875 refosoul

Still a great record.

Martin

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

never seen one of those before, i wonder what the MR number was in the runout?

russ

Just looked through some New Voice stuff and found this ryderbreakout.jpg

Simular design, and advertised as an original!!

Martin

Social source share

Guest Trevski

The boot copy of Lainie Hill in the 70's was blue and white and the same design as the original . . . on styrene. I have never seen it booted like the one you show, and named as Lainie Hall!! Weird!

Lainie Hall ? - Time marches on.

14875 refosoul

Still a great record.

Martin

Yeah those are the boots I remember. It is weird its credited to Lainie Hall. Some strange things turning up these days, so who knows??

Social source share

Yeah those are the boots I remember. It is weird its credited to Lainie Hall. Some strange things turning up these days, so who knows??

Hi

It is difficult at times with the Amy, Mala Bell Catalogue.

New_Voice_811a_DJ.jpg

I believe that, as with other labels, at least two different pressing plants were originally used.

Which leads me to expect, for instance the possibility of two different DEMO's or Stock Copies.

I have seen "Breakout" with this design, The dark blue Paper Label and the Inked Label but with the New-Voice Design Logo

I thought that I would repeat this post, I don't own the Blue Amy Stock Copy. Got to be one of the Rarest Stock Copies :rolleyes:

There are two DEMO's, one of which does look like a Stock Copy from the "TOO DARN SOULFUL" side.

AMY_981b_DJ.jpg

However, it has "PLUG SIDE" on the "YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE" Side.

981 Is a styrene Monarch & Delta # 65704 on one side & 65704-X the other.

The strange thing is (considering that the other DEMO has the Labels Reversed) is that the PLUG SIDE has 65704-X.

The -X following a Delta Number, normally denotes the B Side?

AMY 981 is Styrene with a "B" Matrix STAMPED in the Deadwax Has the Labels Reversed

AMY_AMY-981b_DJ.jpg

The Blue Label AMY Stock copy is the rarest and hardest to obtain. A Friend of mine had this years ago, the only time I've seen one, other than a scan.

I've got both DEMO's in the collection, the Blue AMY Stock Copy is virtually impossible, hope you find one.

The Blue AMY scan below is from Popsike.com

4838961886.jpg

IT'S ALWAYS WORTH A LOOK ON POPSIKE.COM WHEN VALUING RECORDS

Anyone know if a Stock Copy exists for Tobi Legend.

I have scanned the two that I have by her, both have the same B Side "HEARTBREAKER".

I guess that these were the only three tracks cut as Tobi Legend

Mala_591a_DJ.jpg

Mala_M-12-003a_DJ.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a look on Popsike, where I noticed this DEMO, which is slightly different to the others, but No Stock Copy.

Popsike.Com

4887300089.jpg

If the same applies with this, as with Morris Chestnut, it would appear that two different pressing plants were involved.

One copy having the AMY or MALA before the Number & the other just having the Number.

Morris Chestnut as we know, did have a Blue Stock Copy.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

As said above, the first boot was the blue and white one, this one followed about a year later, 100% definite bootleg.

Hi Pete

Thanks, Yes I thought that they were.

I was just mentioning that Originals, can have different variations. Depending on Pressing Plant.

As was mentioned above by Trevski, "there is some strange things turning up these days". :rolleyes:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest edsuede

Saw this on ebay the other day, can't find it now!

Lainie Hill "time marches on" on New Voice, but on a plain, dark blue New Voice demo, credited to Lainie HALL. Styrene. Know it was booted, but can't remember these.

Found it!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Northern-Soul-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

post-1355-1173982628_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes: Anyone else remember the great upbeat instrumental version of this by the Peels on Karate? (at least, I'm assuming it's the same track - someone will put me right if not) - tracked down a mint copy at last a few weeks back after years of searching. I recall the Peels version being really popular in the 80s - no one seems to play it now - probably considered too pop!

Social source share

:rolleyes: Anyone else remember the great upbeat instrumental version of this by the Peels on Karate? (at least, I'm assuming it's the same track - someone will put me right if not) - tracked down a mint copy at last a few weeks back after years of searching. I recall the Peels version being really popular in the 80s - no one seems to play it now - probably considered too pop!

Different song entirely - still think it's OK myself, actually came out in the UK on a gold Audio Fidelity label.

Social source share

Different song entirely - still think it's OK myself, actually came out in the UK on a gold Audio Fidelity label.

Quite an interesting label that and I think the demos are green and very rare. That was another pirate radio tune in the 60's apparently.

Social source share

Guest andycambs

It wasn't played until 1976 so thats doubtful..

https://www.capitolsoulclub.homestead.com/PressingPlants.html

I think the year 72 was wrong, late night posting and just had that number in my head for some reason, but I've posted a link which explains the Monarch numbering system and I know the matrix number starts with 10 following the MR stamped not scratched in a circle, so looks legit to me.

Social source share

https://www.capitolsoulclub.homestead.com/PressingPlants.html

I think the year 72 was wrong, late night posting and just had that number in my head for some reason, but I've posted a link which explains the Monarch numbering system and I know the matrix number starts with 10 following the MR stamped not scratched in a circle, so looks legit to me.

Andy just cos it was pressed at Monarch doesn't mean it was legit, 90% of all bootlegs were pressed there. If it starts with 10 then it's 76-77

Social source share

Guest andycambs

Andy just cos it was pressed at Monarch doesn't mean it was legit, 90% of all bootlegs were pressed there. If it starts with 10 then it's 76-77

Cheers Pete, I didn't know that.

Social source share

Cheers Pete, I didn't know that.

No it's true mate. For a start, all the Soul Galore's were done there. Countless pressings: off the top of my head, epitome of sound, ollie jackson, prince george, detroit sound, eddie parker (awake), marie knight, sidras theme...I'd be here all day

Social source share

Guest edsuede

:rolleyes: Cheers for the info Jerry - never expected this to have a UK release - seems rare enough on the US pressing!!!

Social source share

Hi

It is difficult at times with the Amy, Mala Bell Catalogue.

New_Voice_811a_DJ.jpg

I believe that, as with other labels, at least two different pressing plants were originally used.

Which leads me to expect, for instance the possibility of two different DEMO's or Stock Copies.

I have seen "Breakout" with this design, The dark blue Paper Label and the Inked Label but with the New-Voice Design Logo

I thought that I would repeat this post, I don't own the Blue Amy Stock Copy. Got to be one of the Rarest Stock Copies :thumbup:

There are two DEMO's, one of which does look like a Stock Copy from the "TOO DARN SOULFUL" side.

AMY_981b_DJ.jpg

However, it has "PLUG SIDE" on the "YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE" Side.

981 Is a styrene Monarch & Delta # 65704 on one side & 65704-X the other.

The strange thing is (considering that the other DEMO has the Labels Reversed) is that the PLUG SIDE has 65704-X.

The -X following a Delta Number, normally denotes the B Side?

AMY 981 is Styrene with a "B" Matrix STAMPED in the Deadwax Has the Labels Reversed

AMY_AMY-981b_DJ.jpg

The Blue Label AMY Stock copy is the rarest and hardest to obtain. A Friend of mine had this years ago, the only time I've seen one, other than a scan.

I've got both DEMO's in the collection, the Blue AMY Stock Copy is virtually impossible, hope you find one.

The Blue AMY scan below is from Popsike.com

4838961886.jpg

IT'S ALWAYS WORTH A LOOK ON POPSIKE.COM WHEN VALUING RECORDS

Anyone know if a Stock Copy exists for Tobi Legend.

I have scanned the two that I have by her, both have the same B Side "HEARTBREAKER".

I guess that these were the only three tracks cut as Tobi Legend

Mala_591a_DJ.jpg

Mala_M-12-003a_DJ.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a look on Popsike, where I noticed this DEMO, which is slightly different to the others, but No Stock Copy.

Popsike.Com

4887300089.jpg

If the same applies with this, as with Morris Chestnut, it would appear that two different pressing plants were involved.

One copy having the AMY or MALA before the Number & the other just having the Number.

Morris Chestnut as we know, did have a Blue Stock Copy.

Yes, It does exist, first time I've EVER seen one. :yes:

Manships Latest Auction 2340.jpg >>> LINK <<<

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert