New Paypal Phishing Scam

Guest Bogue

Guest Bogue

Loads of these around but have not had this one before, quite realistic too (layout & branding, which can't be seen on here is good) & was addressed to correct paypal log on.

Have checked & is definatley a phish.

Notification of Limited Account AccessDear ,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your account.We requested information from you for the following reason:

We recently received a report of unauthorized credit card use associated with this account. As a precaution, we have limited access to your PayPal account in order to protect against future unauthorized transactions.

Case ID Number: PP-436-157-462 In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement, your account access will remain limited until the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, if access to your account remains limited for an extended period of time, it may result in further limitations or eventual account closure. We encourage you to follow our verification procedure as soon as possible to help avoid this.

Once you log in, you will be provided with steps to restore your account access. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure account safety.

This is a final reminder to to PayPal as soon as possible.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal Email ID PP638

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

PayPal Email ID PP638

Protect Your Account InfoMake sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites

To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL (https://www.paypal.com/row/) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at

Protect Your PasswordYou should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest upsetterfc

You should disable the active links. No reason to give them any help.

The phishing site is registered through Domain Discreet in Canada. Which looks like a straw registrar, since the URL for the owner resolves to yet another site that provides another layer for the phiser to hide under.

Social source share

Guest Bogue

You should disable the active links. No reason to give them any help.

The phishing site is registered through Domain Discreet in Canada. Which looks like a straw registrar, since the URL for the owner resolves to yet another site that provides another layer for the phiser to hide under.

:thumbsup: Bloody hell, hadn't noticed that, deleted them now.

Social source share

i had the exact same fing on monday night i always report the scam to my internet provider and never answer any mail from paypal without first logging into my account because if there are real issues they will show as soon as you log in.....but they really look the business these mails and it would be easy to be fooled....

cookie :thumbsup:

Social source share

I get things like these almost on a daily basis, and never report a single one. Only simply because I suspect millions are getting these in the same way I am and if we all reported them these companies would be flooded. Well I suspect they already are. Any reason why I should start now ??

I just work on a few golden rules....just delete the mail, never click on the links on the email, never reply to the email (you're only confirming that the email address they have is active). If you do have an account paypal, Ebay, HSBC etc then log onto the site the same way you always do. Any problem will show then.

Girf

Social source share

Guest upsetterfc

I just had an issue with paypal and they contacted me. This is what a legit paypal email looks like (with the personal details removed). Note the contact phone number and the fact that the rep's name appears

Subject: Re: SendingaPayment (Routing Code: C840-****-****-****-****) QID2

Dear Andy Napoles,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Hello my name is [rep's name], I am sorry to hear about the situation regarding

stop payment, and understand your frustration and concern over this issue.

I will be happy to assist you with your questions.

We are sorry, but we do not have sufficient information to proceed

with your question. Please provide us with additional information so

your question can be reviewed as soon as possible.

In order to best assist you, we recommend that you contact us by

telephone for resolution/clarification. You may contact PayPal's

Customer Service at 1-402-935-2050.

For future reference, this information is also located in the Help

Center, and is easily accessible by following these steps:

1. Visit https://www.paypal.com/.

2. Click the "Contact Us" link.

3. In the "Help by Phone" section click the "Customer Service

Center" link.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

[rep's name]

PayPal Community Support

PayPal, an eBay Company

Social source share

PAYPAL VERY SELDOM SEND ANY EMAILS OUT AT ALL,THERE DO HAVE A UK NUMBER WHERE YOU CAN REPORT STUFF LIKE THIS,I RECIEVED ONE LAST WEEK ALSO,BEST TO REPORT ASAP. :unsure:

BAZ A.

No point - PayPal customer services don't give a shit about their customer concerns.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

PAYPAL VERY SELDOM SEND ANY EMAILS OUT AT ALL

NOT EVEN IF YOUVE GOT A LEGITIMATE CLAIM WITH THEM.

THEY ARE ABSOLUTE SCUM.

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Guest Bogue

crooks using Pay Pal? from my experience with Pal Pay.... they are in good company!

No point - PayPal customer services don't give a shit about their customer concerns.

NOT EVEN IF YOUVE GOT A LEGITIMATE CLAIM WITH THEM.

THEY ARE ABSOLUTE SCUM.

yes.gif Unfortunatly if you want to use Ebay they have us by the balls.

Still think it's worth forwarding these scam email on to their spoof department though, in the slim hope that they do follow them up, only takes 2 seconds.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

crooks using Pay Pal? from my experience with Pal Pay.... they are in good company!

:lol: ......................................then i think about how i've been treated :unsure: :threaten: shout.gifranting_1.gif ................now i just think they are all wanker.gif

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert