Cleos - Derby

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just looking through some old memberships from the 70s and came across this one for cleo,s - derby , seem to remember going to alldayers there on our way back from the mecca 74/75.

i think we went there once or twice would have been around then. first place i heard get out harold melvin.

mark

Social source share

Guest Tim aka Bob

just looking through some old memberships from the 70s and came across this one for cleo,s - derby , seem to remember going to alldayers there on our way back from the mecca 74/75.

Yeah...went to a few dayers at Cleos...remember seein Soul Sam there....and also remember gettin my car nicked off the car park!!! boxing.gif

Social source share

Guest mickmac

Around that time there used to be a regular soul night on the Friday night as well, Hector, who used to work at Selectadisc in Notts., was the resident DJ there. Originally over Mann Egertons garage and show rooms, its all knocked down now. Before Cleo's it was known as Clouds, which used to hold all nighters years earlier. Remember leaving around 11:30 on a Friday night to catch the train to Sheffield to go to Samantha's. Many happy memories of the place.

Social source share

Guest mickmac

Was Shelley Dave Sheldon from up Kilburn way? Any word of Rip Roper now, Last I heard he was married to a girl from Chesterfield way?

Social source share

Was Shelley Dave Sheldon from up Kilburn way? Any word of Rip Roper now, Last I heard he was married to a girl from Chesterfield way?

Thats the Shelley , he lived in Lower Kilburn.Last I heard of him he was living in Hong Kong and married to an ex miss Brazil . Rip on the other hand did live in Chesterfield and married a Chesterfield girl , I since heard he has moved down to Pinxton in Notts and still in the need of a narcotic diet ( real shame I had a lot of time for Rip)

Regards Tony

Social source share

Remember going to an all dayer there, must have been between Aug 74 and May 75, with my mate, Janet. I reckon we got a bus there from Maid Marian way bus station in Nottm after an all nighter (vague facts not getting any better with age!)

By the way MAK, did you buy owt interesting at McArthur Glen? (No I`m not stalking you!!) :thumbsup:

Sharon

Social source share

Remember going to an all dayer there, must have been between Aug 74 and May 75, with my mate, Janet. I reckon we got a bus there from Maid Marian way bus station in Nottm after an all nighter (vague facts not getting any better with age!)

By the way MAK, did you buy owt interesting at McArthur Glen? (No I`m not stalking you!!) :thumbsup:

Sharon

:ohmy::ohmy: Why did you not come and say hello , I would have shown you what I had in my box...............oooooooooooooooh Janet the girl with the big erm :Dinnocent.gif:lol: :secret: :wicked::shhh:

Social source share

me and the lads from chadd used to be regulars at cleos friday nights, the best times were around 75/76 when hector was playing the current biggies and the latest mecca new york disco stuff, a couple of years later on soul sam did a few stints that was awesome, but my most easily remembered bit was the bogs, can still see it now, no "trap" doors and two inches of piss and water on the floor in the mens bog, the two inches of piss and water supplied via the bar selling sabre lager and tiger bitter, whatever happened to those quality brews

Social source share

:lol::ohmy: Why did you not come and say hello , I would have shown you what I had in my box...............oooooooooooooooh Janet the girl with the big erm :thumbsup::D:wicked: :secret: wicked.gif:ohmy:

Saw you from a bit of a distance...Wouldn`t have looked too good running through the shopping mall like somebody from "Brief encounter"!...Talking of which...What have you got in your box?? :shhh:

Social source share

Only made Cleos once after a long weekend:

Samanthas friday night,

Forest at Oldham sat afternoon,

wash and change before the Mecca, then off to Wigan

before ending up at Cleos.

right boll*kin off me mam 'cos i'd not told her where i was ;-)

steve

Social source share

• 2 months later...

LOL This set me thinking ...why the hell do we keep this junk for decades

We are a bunch of real sentimental old fools!! LOL

PS I say we cos I still have some of my stuff ...wonder what happened to my RAF blue tool bag

LOL

Mand :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert