Odd Acetate

Guest Dan

Just going through some stuff in my boxes and came across a strange acetate ronnie love detroit michigan on one side, with a nat sound corp label, and an unlabelled other side with the precisions you're sweet on it unsure.gif

definitely an old acetate, has that 'old' smell

aside from the fact that they're both d-town recordings, why???

and is it worth anything???

and where did i get it from??? :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You lent it off me can I have it back and its worth nothing :thumbsup:

that's right i remember now laugh.gif

how do you upload sounds these days, i was gonna upload the ronnie love side as it's brill and some may not know it?

Social source share

there was a thread on here about National Sound acetates a while ago - basically the company didn't exist pre the 1980's, so don't get too excited about value or rarity :thumbsup: google the company name for more info or search on the forum huh.gif

Cheers

Mike

Social source share

there was a thread on here about National Sound acetates a while ago - basically the company didn't exist pre the 1980's, so don't get too excited about value or rarity :thumbsup: google the company name for more info or search on the forum huh.gif

Cheers

Mike

A Ron Murphy "label" isn't it.

Social source share

A Ron Murphy "label" isn't it.

Thats the one Chalky - me and Ron have exchanged views about paying artists royalties in the past - he was behind the soul king label releases and subsequent re-releases as well as NSC acetates. Despite being given the opportunity to pay royalties / a small percentage of the profits to the artists who's work he released he declined the opportunity. There might not have been much money in it, but hey its the thought that counts! Theres people like him who take the money and people like yourself who sell photos on behalf of the artist - I know which of you gets my support :wicked:

Cheers

Mike Bolderson

Social source share

cheers all

nothing to get too excited about then thumbsup.gif

still can't remember buying it... big black holes in my memory these days

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!