• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Motown 1034

Never seen this on a list. Is it a tuff one?

JM's sez £30.

Who sang lead on this one?

At that time Flo Ballard and Mary Wilson were on lead on most Supremes tracks, but this was Diana at least by 1964... from what I can see of this clip!

Sounds more like Flo though on the 45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jw-O-6T3To

Let Me Go the Right Way made the Top 100, stateside, but is definately an early one (Nov 22 1962).

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Deffo Flo Ballard - didn't she sound like early Mable John eh? :boxing:

'Deffo' not - the only Supremes single on a Motown label that Florence Ballard sang lead on was "Buttered Popcorn". It's Diana Ross singing in her normal range, you only have to play it next to something like "Where Did Our Love Go" or "Run Run Run" to hear that.

And she doesn't sound any more like early Mable John than she does early Elton John.

The high voice sustaining the long notes on the record's ending vamp IS Florence, though...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

'Deffo' not - the only Supremes single on a Motown label that Florence Ballard sang lead on was "Buttered Popcorn". It's Diana Ross singing in her normal range, you only have to play it next to something like "Where Did Our Love Go" or "Run Run Run" to hear that.

And she doesn't sound any more like early Mable John than she does early Elton John.

The high voice sustaining the long notes on the record's ending vamp IS Florence, though...

SOUNDS LIKE DIANA ROSS TO ME!

post-5460-1184097249_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1184097272_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1184097249_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1184097272_thumb.jpg

Social source share

sO...........Flo did have some lead then? Sorry guys an age thing bear with me I've been "Standing At The Crossroads of Love" far too long whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert