Events: Things That Bug You About Event Threads?

Mike

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

sorry this thread is closed.

my only gripe with events talk is there is an obvious hyping up of events depending on who subscribes to the site.

don't know how you get around it, but i get pissed off reading what are obviously pm.s on public forum, bumping up the number of replies, views etc.

funny how an event like stoke (capacity 1700ish) gets fewer replies, etc than an event which gets about 100 in. gives the casual punter a distorted view of how good an event is. and that's not to diss the music........it doesnt' reflect the event as an experience.

I know the truth, been t most of em. bloody shame that posts don't always reflect attendance....

or is it just a case of the silent majority?

dave

Social source share

sorry this thread is closed.

my only gripe with events talk is there is an obvious hyping up of events depending on who subscribes to the site.

don't know how you get around it, but i get pissed off reading what are obviously pm.s on public forum, bumping up the number of replies, views etc.

funny how an event like stoke (capacity 1700ish) gets fewer replies, etc than an event which gets about 100 in. gives the casual punter a distorted view of how good an event is. and that's not to diss the music........it doesnt' reflect the event as an experience.

I know the truth, been t most of em. bloody shame that posts don't always reflect attendance....

or is it just a case of the silent majority?

dave

Well Dave that really depends on your view of whether a 1,700 allnighter is better than a 100 evening do. I have to say in recent years I've enjoyed myself far more at the latter type events where I find the atmosphere more intimate and the variety of sounds (and DJ's!) far greater....but then again I am not someone who is trying to recreate my youth at Wigan so the 1,700 allnighter dancing to Jackie Lee and "Astral Trip" all night ain't really my bag :lol:

The smaller promotors just HAVE to keep plugging their events, and long may it continue.....

Social source share

Numbers make atmosphere,I can only speak on allnighters,that all I attend,can you imagine having a 100 in the Kings Hall? It makes my heart sink when I walk in to a place with a poor turn out,them few people cant keep the dance floor full allnight by then you lose that atmosphere whats is so special about are scene.

And remember its dance music to dance to,not to sit about rubbing your chins.

Kev :lol:

Social source share

Numbers make atmosphere,I can only speak on allnighters,that all I attend,can you imagine having a 100 in the Kings Hall? It makes my heart sink when I walk in to a place with a poor turn out,them few people cant keep the dance floor full allnight by then you lose that atmosphere whats is so special about are scene.

And remember its dance music to dance to,not to sit about rubbing your chins.

Kev :lol:

im sorry but i cant agree there kev...ive been to venues with 250 in but there has been more atmosphere on the moon...numbers help but dont gaurentee an atmosphere

ive also been to venues with 100 through the doors and the floor has been packed all night long as the djs have played the right tunes

look at chelsea fc.30,000 through the door but ive seen more atmosphere in a graveyard

moldie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert