Land Of Make Believe

Im after a 45 title land of make believe heard it on a sleepless (dublin) soul night cd, i know the drifters , blue magic and frank minion have all down a version but cant hear a sound clip of any, the track is deep and haunting with a powerful vocal any help would be grateful

ps liam i know you got a version by a band you always rave about (bucks fizz) ha ha ha

pps its not the leslie uggams version

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Im after a 45 title land of make believe heard it on a sleepless (dublin) soul night cd, i know the drifters , blue magic and frank minion have all down a version but cant hear a sound clip of any, the track is deep and haunting with a powerful vocal any help would be grateful

ps liam i know you got a version by a band you always rave about (bucks fizz) ha ha ha

There is a cover by Blue Magic...??!! I wonder how sounds (very mellow, I supouse). The only one I have is the original by Chuck Mangione with fine vocals by Esther Satterfield (in the case we're talking about the same song, ?).

Peace & Soul Food

Social source share

There is a cover by Blue Magic...??!! I wonder how sounds (very mellow, I supouse). The only one I have is the original by Chuck Mangione with fine vocals by Esther Satterfield (in the case we're talking about the same song, ?).

Peace & Soul Food

any chance of a clip of Chuck M and the vocal. I only have instrumental version, I'll need to go and check.

Social source share

Peace & Soul Food

blue magic on capitol records cant get a sound clip dont know the chuck version but the version im after is the same one done by leslie uggams which i have but dosent hold a candle to the one im after

kieran all the soulfully best

Social source share

The one I have by Chuck Mangione is writed by Chuck himself and is from 1973. It seems as a live performance and I got it in the 2 x CD "Grass Roots" by Danny Krivit. Sorry but some time I have try to send a sound clip unfructuosly (I have a Mac and perhaps this is the problem).

Social source share

hi, glad you liked the cd i put together, its the Drifers version

Social source share

The one I have by Chuck Mangione is writed by Chuck himself and is from 1973. It seems as a live performance and I got it in the 2 x CD "Grass Roots" by Danny Krivit. Sorry but some time I have try to send a sound clip unfructuosly (I have a Mac and perhaps this is the problem).

I have a Mac and use Firefox, it takes 15 mins to transfer files then submit.

Funny I heard the Drifters first but prefer Leslies version.

Edited by Prophonics 2026
Social source share

I have a Mac and use Firefox, it takes 15 mins to transfer files then submit.

Funny I heard the Drifters first but prefer Leslies version.

OK, Thanks for the comment. By now, I use Safari and some times Explorer (without ADSL!!... with internal modem! sad.gif ... these 15' can be 30 or 45...)

Social source share

What a great record this is, so good I have it twice on UK London & US Atlantic. Bacharach/David penned. Competition - Main vocals are Rudy Lewis BUT who is the Pavarotti soundalike?

total stab in the dark but i always thought it sounded like sammy davis jnr dont ask

Social source share

The first version I heard of this song was by Dionne Warwick, on her second LP issued in the UK in about 65 or 66. She may well be the original, as she worked so closely with Bacharach and David.

Dionne was these sessions and she can be heard on the flip Vaya Con Dios although it's the great voice of Cissy Houston that dominates. I'm not sure but I think they were still the Drinkard Singers at this time. Any way the result of the competition is that the operatic tenor calling and answering with Rudy Lewis is Johnny Moore. What A Voice!!

Social source share

What a great record this is, so good I have it twice on UK London & US Atlantic. Bacharach/David penned. Competition - Main vocals are Rudy Lewis BUT who is the Pavarotti soundalike?

Had to paste this up a bit late.

So Pavarotti knocks on the pearly gates.

St Peter opens them and says 'oh it's you Luciano, come on in. Squeeze

through'.

Pavarotti says 'Hold on, I've got an envelope for you, it's from the

Pope.'

St Peter opens it up and reads it, and it says...

'Hi Pete, here's that tenor I owe you'

Social source share

Had to paste this up a bit late.

So Pavarotti knocks on the pearly gates.

St Peter opens them and says 'oh it's you Luciano, come on in. Squeeze

through'.

Pavarotti says 'Hold on, I've got an envelope for you, it's from the

Pope.'

St Peter opens it up and reads it, and it says...

'Hi Pete, here's that tenor I owe you'

Good One so Pavarotti made it to The Land Of Make Believe Then?

Social source share

NOT ONLY DID I FIND OUT WHO MADE THE TUNE JOHN (SLIMHARPO)SOLD A GREAT COPY TO ME £5 INCLUDING P&P DRIFTERS LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE SOUND GUY RECIEVED THE RECORD NEXT DAY IN MINT LIKE CONDITION IF ONLY ALL SELLERS WERE ALIKE CHEERS JOHN SLIMHARPO

Social source share

NOT ONLY DID I FIND OUT WHO MADE THE TUNE JOHN (SLIMHARPO)SOLD A GREAT COPY TO ME £5 INCLUDING P&P DRIFTERS LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE SOUND GUY RECIEVED THE RECORD NEXT DAY IN MINT LIKE CONDITION IF ONLY ALL SELLERS WERE ALIKE CHEERS JOHN SLIMHARPO smile.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbup:
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert