Cheeky B****** Alert

Guest martyn

Guest martyn

Just won an Ebay auction,postage listed at $6 worldwide.

Get home to PC & have 2 invoices from this seller.The first is correct giving the postage at $6, but the second with the instruction"DISREGARD FIRST INVOICE" doubles the postage to $12!! :huh::lol:

The seller is 'Souldrop',has a good feedback.I'v e-mailed for an explanation before I (reluctantly)pay :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:

Anyone else had this before?

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get home to PC & have 2 invoices from this seller.The first is correct giving the postage at $6, but the second with the instruction"DISREGARD FIRST INVOICE" doubles the postage to $12!! :huh:   :lol:

The seller is 'Souldrop',has a good feedback.I'v e-mailed for an explanation before I (reluctantly)pay :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:

link

Interesting as I am watching a couple of his, is it for album or 45? Think he is in states so may find first invoice local postage, however as he is member here (I think) he may be able to explain better than my guesses!!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Interesting as I am watching a couple of his, is it for album or 45? Think he is in states so may find first invoice local postage, however as he is member here (I think) he may be able to explain better than my guesses!!

Cheers

Jock

link

What Planet is this seller on I feel quilty charging 1.50 UK for a 7" and think am one of the cheapest on postage just shipped LP to Japand for £5.00.

This is where they are making up for ebay and pay pal charges. Just been charged 2.00 for a 7" normal postage in UK this is normally 70p unless the packaging is lead lined.

Social source share

I'm not one to moan about postage, if it's 6 dollars - it's 3 quid. 10 dollard - 5 quid (or there abouts). What's a fiver?

The thing that gets me though is when you pay for registered/insured at great expence (once payed $39), and then the bleedin thing comes surface mail marked at $3 - that's a swine!

Billy-oh :dance:

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Guest martyn

Cheers

Jock

link

12" 45 (D.C. Larue)....................so some would say its serves me right :huh:

Edited by martyn
Social source share

Guest martyn

I'm not one to moan about postage, if it's 6 dollars - it's 3 quid. 10 dollard - 5 quid (or there abouts). What's a fiver?

The thing that gets me though is when you pay for registered/insured at great expence (once payed $39), and then the bleedin thing comes surface mail marked at $3 - that's a swine!

link

Billy,with you to a degree,but if the bloke says $6 then its $6 not $12.

If he had of said $12 then yeah fine,I have the choice to bid or not.Its not the extra $6 thats got me riled its the way its been done.........the record never came off base price so the geezer ups the postage to get what he thinks he should have had for the tune

Social source share

MARTYN you never originally said it was a 12" so $11/12 is normal, im gonna stick up for him i think what hes done is normally lists 7" throws in a couple of twelves clicks sell a similar item and forgets to change the postage,easy done, i buy lots of 12" some charge up to $15 so $12 is fair.

i know some may think it stated $6 so it should be honoured.......

Social source share

Guest martyn

MARTYN you never originally said it was a 12" so $11/12 is normal, im gonna stick up for him i think what hes done is normally lists 7" throws in a couple of twelves clicks sell a similar item and forgets to change the postage,easy done, i buy lots of 12" some charge up to $15 so $12 is fair.

i know some may think it stated $6 so it should be honoured.......

link

Like I said mate its not the money,its the way it was done-no explaination,no "sorry m8 I'v made a cock up".

And yes I do think he should honour it,just as I would if it were the other way around,but at the end of the day I will pay or I will be as bad as him.

Social source share

Like I said mate its not the money,its the way it was done-no explaination,no "sorry m8 I'v made a cock up".

yes martin youre right,what i was trying to say was hes not trying to profit on ACTUAL postage, i suppose in a case like this how p****d of you are on a scale of 1-10 really depends on what the record was actually won for [i can never get used to the word 'won' on e.bay,you can win the lottery,but how can you win something if you pay for it] if someone gets the record cheap i suppose its a 2 out of ten but if you pay tops its a 10 out of 10!!

Social source share

link

I've never actually noticed that, I'm always glad they've arrived in one piece........I'll have a look at the postage on the package next time.. :huh:

Social source share

This is where they are making up for ebay and pay pal charges. Just been charged 2.00 for a 7" normal postage in UK this is normally 70p unless the packaging is lead lined.

link

Mmm I have noticed that, One dealer told me that he adds on the cost of petrol driving to the post office :huh: Never went back to him again.........

Social source share

Get home to PC & have 2 invoices from this seller.The first is correct giving the postage at $6, but the second with the instruction"DISREGARD FIRST INVOICE" doubles the postage to $12!! :huh::lol:

Had a couple of things of this guy in the past no problems great quality & fair postage.

Think its hard to calulate postage & Packing just posted 2 x 45s to the UK from New Zealand not recorded or insured $30 NZ (£12)

I always cover postage costs, if I sold them for good prices & ask the buyer to

cover any paypal costs seems a fair way.

Ian

Social source share

Guest martyn

Just recived an e-mail from seller saying basicly he listed 45 price not 12" price.

If he'd of done that in the first place I wouldn't have copped the hump.Did apologise though(fair play)

His money has now been sent

Social source share

Here's what I do:

UK-$6.00 for a 45 and $10 for a 12". $2.00 each additional LP/$1.00 each additional 45. Price pays for 4-7 day air mail postage and puts money toward proper mailers and packing materials. You can be sure you'll receive your record in a proper mailer with good padding(mostly bubble wrap) and a $1.00 "gift" custom on your slip.

And anybody that buys anything $150.00 and up-if it's just one item or 100 items-I ship absolutely free. and--I NEVER SHIP SURFACE!

I've unknowingly low-balled some shipping prices before but ALWAYS honored my original price. Some people don't understand the value of cultivating a good relationship with your customer. If they're good ebayers, I treat them like friends. Would you ask a friend of yours to keep coughing up more money? Think about it. I look at it this way-if somebody's spending decent money with you, what's the sense in gouging him/her for another dollar or two....how lame. These people really need to check themselves.

Good luck to you, man. Make him stick to his original offer.

KTF

Jas (majorwaxbuildup)

ps. Have a look. Lots of 12"s but I've got some northern in there. Make sure you look all the way through, though. 3 pages worth.

https://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ2...majorwaxbuildup

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!