Broken Records Through The Post

Tubbs

Latest 45 to arrive through the post broken is The Exportations I want you. Looks like somebody stuck a screwdriver or something sharp right through the packaging making a 3 way crack in the vinyl and no it doesn't play. The thing was the guy stated in bold lettering BULLET PROOF AND POSTAL PROOF PACKAGING but it came in a jiffy bag. Needless to say he's not replying to my emails Others over the years include.

TONY MIDDLETON TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH MGM DEMO

MARIE KNIGHT THATS NO WAY TO TREAT A GIRL MUSICOR DEMO

BLACK AND BLUE WHAT I GOT MERCURY DEMO

VOICEMASTERS TWO LOVERS FRISCO

LEROY HUTSON ALL BECAUSE OF YOU WB UK

GLADYS KNIGHT TOUCH COLUMBIA LP BROKEN IN HALF

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I received a Tamiko Jones - Spellbound - cracked in half but without any visible signs of damage, folds etc to the package.

I am still convinced the robbing get sent me a cracked record!!!!!!!

I have also received cracked copies of Bobby Sheen issue and The Prophets - Stephanye promo in the past - not bad I suppose for 30 years of buying records through the mail.

Social source share

Latest 45 to arrive through the post broken is The Exportations I want you. Looks like somebody stuck a screwdriver or something sharp right through the packaging making a 3 way crack in the vinyl and no it doesn't play. The thing was the guy stated in bold lettering BULLET PROOF AND POSTAL PROOF PACKAGING but it came in a jiffy bag. Needless to say he's not replying to my emails  Others over the years include.

TONY MIDDLETON  TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH MGM DEMO

MARIE KNIGHT  THATS NO WAY TO TREAT A GIRL MUSICOR DEMO

BLACK AND BLUE  WHAT I GOT MERCURY DEMO

VOICEMASTERS  TWO LOVERS  FRISCO

link

TUBBS,HAPPEND TO ME A FEW YEARS AGO,WAS SENT BADLY PACKAGED.I`M 100% POSITIVE THE RECORD WAS BROKEN BEFORE IT WAS POSTED.STILL BREAKS MA HEART. :thumbsup: :angry:

Social source share

Latest 45 to arrive through the post broken is The Exportations I want you. Looks like somebody stuck a screwdriver or something sharp right through the packaging making a 3 way crack in the vinyl and no it doesn't play. The thing was the guy stated in bold lettering BULLET PROOF AND POSTAL PROOF PACKAGING but it came in a jiffy bag. Needless to say he's not replying to my emails  Others over the years include.

link

Ouch! An Exportations too!makes it worse :thumbsup: I've had a couple of things through broken.I received a 12" in a large envelope,no cardboard strengtheners,unbelieveable! I got my money back on that one though.

Threaten the seller with,Ebay,Paypal,internet fraud etc,it sometimes works.

Pete

Social source share

Guest stromberg

link

I only received one record broken to this point, and what else could it be than a white demo copy of... right, you guessed it: Roy hamilton "Cracking up over you" !

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was poorly packaged between one! piece of cardboard on one side and some styrofoam on the other, about 1 inch. All wrapped together by some see-through tape, sorry I don't know the english word for it, but I think you are getting a good impression.

I could tell it is broken when I first saw it, it didn't help that the seller only stated he never had any problems with this packaging. Maybe not him, but his customers surely had.

Cheers,

Stefan

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

link

Haven't recieved a broken record via the post but snapped a copy of Roddie Joy's " come back baby" in a row with an ex girlfriend about 3 years ago

Social source share

Two that spring to mind.....

Bob Brady - Goodbye baby - Red Chariot  issue (large crescent of vinyl snapped off)

Dells - Run For Cover - UK Chess (In four quarters....)

WOOF!

link

Funnily enough just got in from work at Royal Mail not been there long so don't get to operate the record snapping machine yet. :lol:

You'd be amazed at how many records are just stuck in a mailer with no stiffeners, even seen some wrapped in brown paper. Optimistic or what!

Derek

Social source share

Looking through ebay one day came across 10 45s buy it now $9.99. Had a look and the Shadows together again on United audio was in the pile rest were shite. Couldn't get my fingers to type fast enough to but it now. Yes you've guessed it Shadows was cracked when it arrived not postal service fault though as it was in middle of pile. DOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Social source share

Swapped a copy of Let me be your boy - Wilson Pickett VERVE for the Valadiers - I found a girl GORDY. Postman managed to snap it forcing it through the letterbox. I say snap, more of a break on one side, so sellotape on the b side and A side still plays with only slight click on first few spins.

So a happy ending story on this thread :lol: Plus I replaced the Wilson Pickett from Manship £25, which was nice :lol:

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

Recently found a copy of Kenny Smith- Lord Whats Happening To Your People in a charity shop. Obviously quite excited, looked OK, paid 50p, got in car AND in my excitement put 45 on driver seat and sat on it!

You win some you lose some :lol:

Social source share

Finally got a reply from the friendly dealer whom i bought the Exportations from. As i said his advert claimed bullet proof packaging so shouldn't get broken. Yes his feedback does speak for itself 12 negative feedbacks Here is his reply below

Sorry I've been away the last couple of days. The JIffy bag is a "BUBBLE MAILER" and the record was in between 2 pieces of cardboard on each side which is way better than the little tiny 45 mailing box. I have sent out thousands of records with no problems but you sound like I did this to you personally, which I take offense. Send the record back and I will refund your money but please refrain from bidding in the future.; My feedbcak speaks for itself and I am far from a crook. So take care of yourself and send that jiffy bag wrapped record back to where it came from.

So there you have it. His two pieces of cardboard each was actualy one piece each side. His ebay user id is CLASSICSTOGO. yes thats CLASSICSTOGO. So if you want your records sent in a bubble mailer (not a jiffy Bag) then he is your man. His last sentence sums it up i hope the jiffy bag came from his arse so i can send it back to where it came from.

Why the hell would i want to buy another record from him anyway if it's just going to be broken when it arrives. gasher if i need to buy anything off this guy again will you get it for me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by tubbs
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert