Record Cleaning Cloths

• Replies 8
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Any of these cloths are fine to use for fingerprints and small amounts of dirt.

Usually find that after a wash, cotton towelling is great for soaking the moisture out the grooves. A great excuse to use up leftover towelling nappies that were cast aside for disposable nappies. A use for everything, lol

The actual record cleaning cloths that you can buy are good but can leave a bit of static behind and as soon as you have cleaned the record, the dust is attracted back onto the record. To combat this you can give a quick wipe with car upholstery wipes which will dry quickly to a nice shiny finish. Works for me :unsure:

H

Hi all

Anyone got any advice on record cleaning cloths please?

Are they really any good? Are there any negative effects?

If they are recommended, which are the best ones and where can I get them please?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Hi all

Anyone got any advice on record cleaning cloths please?

Are they really any good? Are there any negative effects?

If they are recommended, which are the best ones and where can I get them please?

Cheers

Richard

you can definitely mess up a record if you use the wrong material to clean it, specifically linty material will leave gunk in the grooves. if you want to see a really bad example, take a cotton swab and try to clean a worthless record with it, the cotton will bind to the grooves leaving white stuff in it. i use lint-free microfiber cloths, the kind they sell to clean your car with, I don't know where to get it in the UK but in auto parts places in the US you can buy a whole bag of them for pretty cheap.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!