MADNESS!!!!!!! MADNESS

i sold mine on eaby on a desperat week for 50 quid

always knew it was gonna go up in price but 200! gulp

but thats ebay

agree with most points raised

ive paid ott prices for things that i get pipped on set sale lists for but in general got lots of gr8 stuff on ebay

and sold well too!

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

soul source test

all good , valid and correct points,just so you know, the record I was looking for had wanted it for a year or so which isnt that long really as have waited a lot longer for some stuff.just that the quality on sale this year was not that good IMO ( or to my liking ) and I could have paid a little more than the price easily enough from a dealer 2 months earlier ......but my record slush fund was burning a hole in my pocket so I thought why not as if I wait another year who knows , anyway that and my general demeanour on the afternoon might have contributed to a lack of common sense, mind you we have all paid too much at one time or another,then again we have all waited and wished we hadnt,...buying records and common sense dont really go together, I have made an awful lot of better buys than bad ones so still ahead of the game............mind you anybody that sells me a record and takes advantage of my condition at the time only does it once...I will have my day with him.

Social source share

Been reading this with interest....

Now tell me - I was watching a JoAnn Courcy that finished today on ebay... is £800 really the "going rate" for this??

there was another but that was ended early by the seller......

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Rowly

Joe Dunlop had one in much worse condition than this for £800 a couple of months ago. He hasn't re-listed it so it may well have sold for that. Manship lists it at £1000.

Paul

SITC

Social source share

As an ex pat who still dabbles somewhat, I'll throw this in for what it's worth:

1. Aren't lot of UK dealers sourcing their sales from existing UK collections? Therefore the prices they are having to pay are also increasing. Therefore, the mark up on these items will remain the same, no? It seems to me that it's a Catch 22 scenario with these particular records.

2. There is a large group of collectors who didn't exist "back in the day". Namely guys like me who moved from UK but took their vinyl addiction with them. We have little opportunity to buy "face to face" at venues etc so therefore the cyberworld has opened up a completely new avenue of sourcing for the likes of us. I have bought over 1000 records in the last 2 years using the computer.

3. There is a one more group of "new" collectors who are growing by the day.......The Yanks! I live here and everywhere I go the dealers/collectors who I've dealt with in the past are now fully conversant with the "British Disease" of paying large wads of cash for VG- 6Ts soul labels. There is no escaping the fact that the Rare/Northern Soul world is no longer the small (ish) corner of Goldmine and Discoveries like it was in the 70/80s. Example....I met a guy the other day with over a dozen Danny Moore's, he's asking $300 each! I tell him "Get real" he tells me.........."Get Manships book!!"

Don't profess to have an answer to finding good records cheap, just some of my observations, like Mark Bicknell said........it's people.

Nice talkin' to ya......

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!