• Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Had a short shelf life at the time.

So is the sun, Cats eyes, the kid, the list goes on.

So much material back then of course including new releases! 

Ed

New to the thread so not really followed it. I get the Babe Ruth and Worlds Column  - massive when I started. Cats Eyes and The Kid - no thanks, always destined for my shite bin - even as a youngster. I remember the dance floor bouncing to So Is The Sun at my very first all nighter - Derby Assembly Rooms circa 1979. I was aided and abetted on the dance floor by my first three for two. :wicked: I hitch hiked all the way from Mablethorpe, Lincs. Chris King picked us up in the morning onn the A52 and gave us a lift to Nottingham - in his white Mercedes Benz convertible. Happy days.  

All subjective of course - one mans rubbish is another man's treasure.

Pete

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Although I went to the Blackpool Mecca a few times, towards the end, I did not experience the pure quantity of tunes getting played week in week out which meant, so I'm told only 3 or 4 weeks of exposure for many records.

Cleethorpes somewhat embraced the same thing with so many breaking records like elusive.

Its inevitable that some recent 'discoveries ' are simply dusted off tunes put at the back of the box back in the day.

So is the sun in 1979 would have been a proper oldie by then! 

Ed

Social source share

Guest Spain pete

What goes around comes around ,sometimes comes round better,  but in these cases   ?   Time to dust off  me Jason king subliminal album ,  when sex rears it's ugly head 😱🎶🎶

Social source share

4 hours ago, tomangoes said:

Although I went to the Blackpool Mecca a few times, towards the end, I did not experience the pure quantity of tunes getting played week in week out which meant, so I'm told only 3 or 4 weeks of exposure for many records.

Cleethorpes somewhat embraced the same thing with so many breaking records like elusive.

Its inevitable that some recent 'discoveries ' are simply dusted off tunes put at the back of the box back in the day.

So is the sun in 1979 would have been a proper oldie by then! 

Ed

I get stuck in a time warp on SS. I look at friends avatars and ............

I thought you were only 27 Ed. Lol. The Tomangoes handle should have given me a better steer! 

:elvis:

Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert