Unknown Dee Dee Warwick Track

timthemod

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

According to the Dee Dee Warwick discography at Dave Rimmers great Soulful Kinda Music site (always a good referral point) it's not listed as a single. So I assume it must have been an album track. It's a really nice track, I've never heard it before, thanks for sharing.

Social source share

According to the Dee Dee Warwick discography at Dave Rimmers great Soulful Kinda Music site (always a good referral point) it's not listed as a single. So I assume it must have been an album track. It's a really nice track, I've never heard it before, thanks for sharing.

I don't think it is on any of her albums, the Sutra gospel one I do not have but I suspect this would be much earlier than that. Suspect it is soundtrack only, and from what Mr S says, an unissued soundtrack

Social source share

you have a good ear! Before watching I was wondering how you knew it was dee dee, like if it was credited at the end, but listening she does have an unmistakeable voice. Did you watch the credits at the end for more info?

I knew it was Dee Dee soon as I heard it, she has a very recognisable voice. TV showing of movies on the main channels (BBC, ITV etc) always have short or no credits. So I'm still none the wiser.

Social source share

I don't get what you mean about being none the wiser. There was no released soundtrack album for Charley Varrick, it's not a single, so there's no other format. The song was written specifically for the film by Paul Vance and Lalo Schifrin.

Film music forty years ago was not like it is today, an opportunity to 'place' a specific and separate product. I would imagine they didn't even write or record a full song, just the snatch heard on the clip. It probably took Dee Dee Warwick less than half an hour to put down a vocal.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert