J J Caillier Pusherman. Few Questions

70's track - Out about 77. On Jay Cee Records ( Has a picture on the Left side of the Label ) Not true Northern, more R&B. Aquired taste, I love it though. Have a copy. My mate recently bought a copy - cost him £150 I play it out and recently played it at Brid Weekender. Got good feedback. lots of folks ' Not heard that for ages' etc etc

Not looked on as Rare but don't see it too often.

I believe there is another copy on a different label. Official release in the 80's if my memory serves but don't quote me on it !!

Edited by Tezza
Social source share

Not true Northern, more R&B.

I suppose you mean "R&B" in the broad "Billboard R&B chart" type of way?

Because if anyone consider "Pusherman" to be "rhythm & blues" in the "new breed r&b" sense then I give up...

"Don't Start Cryin' Now" by Slim Harpo is r&b.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Hi Sebastian.

Yes with the R&B - as I said 'more R&B' not 'it is R&B'

Difficult sometimes to label stuff. when it doesn't really need to be.

Be easy to say not as R& B as ... or not as Funky as .... or not as Soulful as ...

Best to appreciate things as a piece of Music etc. Just because its not somebody's cup of tea doesn't make it bad - Personal preference

Speak again somewhere down the line

Tezza XXX

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That could be "Bust The Pusher Man" on Callier

I've got a copy of this.. tbh it's not all that.. Been after a Pusherman for years now.

Social source share

Mr Whizz,

I played it in the Northern Room and it got a great reception so I suppose by default it is Northern. Rare ?? Don't see it for sale too often at all but only fetches up to £150 (probably due to it not being a top 100 toon) As its not available too often it could be said to be rare but not sure how many are out there. People don't feel safe playing it so doesn't get aired too often so gives the impression its rare !!

Best I can do Billywhizz !!!

Social source share

right got an mp3 now what do i do with it

Thanks mate, but thats not the track, the track i know is faster and sounds more soulful. Its pusher man, crookedspiresoul can confirm this. its on one of there cd's, which was given to me at the club room at Brillington weekender.

cheers billy

Social source share

Thanks mate, but thats not the track, the track i know is faster and sounds more soulful. Its pusher man, crookedspiresoul can confirm this. its on one of there cd's, which was given to me at the club room at Brillington weekender.

cheers billy

Yep Billy. Thats my/our club in Chesterfield. Got a do this Friday - Don't know how far away from us you are but you are more than welcome anytime

Social source share

Yep Billy. Thats my/our club in Chesterfield. Got a do this Friday - Don't know how far away from us you are but you are more than welcome anytime

hi Tezza ,its about 3 hours to get there ,it on the cards very soon, i heard good things about your club ,billy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

hi Tezza ,its about 3 hours to get there ,it on the cards very soon, i heard good things about your club ,billy

3 Hours ?? Where do you live, Paris ??!!??

Pressure would be on then if you travel all that way, squeaky bum time. Let me know if and when you want to come over, you can be my guest. No Charge for you and yours. !!

Do you DJ any ?? could even get you on for an hour !!!

Social source share

3 Hours ?? Where do you live, Paris ??!!??

Pressure would be on then if you travel all that way, squeaky bum time. Let me know if and when you want to come over, you can be my guest. No Charge for you and yours. !!

Do you DJ any ?? could even get you on for an hour !!!

no not paris,10 miles from yarmouth,Thanks for the offer Tezze,every club need its money, i have been collecting last few years ovo ,long way to catch up to you my friend ,on records,have good night friday, :hatsoff2: billy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!