Biggest ...dance Floor

Guest manusf3a

On the bigness theme I recently attended an all nighter at Keele and the main room was in my opinion approx right size ,the dance floor was busy(some say crowded)all night and condensation was running down the walls from an early stage of the night,I thought to myself ",Nice good to see,glad to be back on the scene again".Someone in the lookback had commented on how the room could have done with being twice the size,fair enough,ones opinion and all that,but for me this would have ruined the vibe.I am not against fair sized halls when I say I am not a fan of "XXXXX L ",venues but  as for  the huge,  count me out,a large crowd can look very sparse in one of the mega amphitheatres.Dancing space,well wigan and samathas even more so managed well enough when choca,I liked the size of Blackhearts,spot on vibe and intimacy feel,the rare and underplayed room at Keele the same.Having finished part one of my time in 1981 till return end of summer last year I wasnt around to see the events that were said to be 2000 or more filled and buzzing like  you know whatters,(sorry to say) packing out the XXXXX L venues so until I do attend one myself I will go with medium sized and smaller is better than XXXXX L.

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

On the bigness theme I recently attended an all nighter at Keele and the main room was in my opinion approx right size ,the dance floor was busy(some say crowded)all night and condensation was running down the walls from an early stage of the night,I thought to myself ",Nice good to see,glad to be back on the scene again".Someone in the lookback had commented on how the room could have done with being twice the size,fair enough,ones opinion and all that,but for me this would have ruined the vibe.I am not against fair sized halls when I say I am not a fan of "XXXXX L ",venues but  as for  the huge,  count me out,a large crowd can look very sparse in one of the mega amphitheatres.Dancing space,well wigan and samathas even more so managed well enough when choca,I liked the size of Blackhearts,spot on vibe and intimacy feel,the rare and underplayed room at Keele the same.Having finished part one of my time in 1981 till return end of summer last year I wasnt around to see the events that were said to be 2000 or more filled and buzzing like  you know whatters,(sorry to say) packing out the XXXXX L venues so until I do attend one myself I will go with medium sized and smaller is better than XXXXX L.

Hello mate,I'm totaly with you, It's not the size that does it, It's what you can do with it (and i can breath through my ears), Seriously though i've been to some small pub do's and been blown away sittin near the decs all nite and hearing new to me oldies and having to keep getting up to look what it was being played thinkin that i've gotta hav it, And being played by the most unlikley DJ's who are realy only collectors (sorry did i say only collectors) who do you think feeds the DJs, It has allways been the case that all the massive tunes played at the big venues were originaly played at some humble warm up club with no pretintions of fame just the love of music.

I am biased as i am predomintaly a collector not anarok as complete label listings dont intrest me but wow records do if i havent heard it a million times (sorry frank wilson fans, 3 before 8 etc).

I Know you have experianced my local wont mention it's name but it's amazin and new tunes every time

P.S.Len's Den Rules

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Just to add to my last post, Been to many other dos where djs been playin nothin more than blatent boots cds etc and are well known super stars.

And to reitirate if its not OVO Its out of order

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Hello mate,I'm totaly with you, It's not the size that does it, It's what you can do with it (and i can breath through my ears), Seriously though i've been to some small pub do's and been blown away sittin near the decs all nite and hearing new to me oldies and having to keep getting up to look what it was being played thinkin that i've gotta hav it, And being played by the most unlikley DJ's who are realy only collectors (sorry did i say only collectors) who do you think feeds the DJs, It has allways been the case that all the massive tunes played at the big venues were originaly played at some humble warm up club with no pretintions of fame just the love of music.

I am biased as i am predomintaly a collector not anarok as complete label listings dont intrest me but wow records do if i havent heard it a million times (sorry frank wilson fans, 3 before 8 etc).

I Know you have experianced my local wont mention it's name but it's amazin and new tunes every time

P.S.Len's Den Rules

And a very fine local do it is indeed with some top class people behind it,missed the last one unfortunately but that will not happen again.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!