'if This Is Goodbye'...who's Voice Is This?

After listening to 'If this is goodbye' by Harry & the Keyava's..and then listening to 'May the best man win'

by Johnny Copeland, Mr Dospan & I are convinced that Harry (of the keyava's) and Johnny Copeland are the same person!! Has anyone else noticed the similarity of their voices? not only that but the songs themselves are very similar. I once asked this question but the only answer I got was that Harry (he of the keyavas) is actually called Harry Starr (whoever he is). Please, please, does anyone know the answer to this as it's driving me potty!!! whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest uroffal

After listening to 'If this is goodbye' by Harry & the Keyava's..and then listening to 'May the best man win'

by Johnny Copeland, Mr Dospan & I are convinced that Harry (of the keyava's) and Johnny Copeland are the same person!! Has anyone else noticed the similarity of their voices? not only that but the songs themselves are very similar. I once asked this question but the only answer I got was that Harry (he of the keyavas) is actually called Harry Starr (whoever he is). Please, please, does anyone know the answer to this as it's driving me potty!!! whistling.gif

Harry Starr recorded Another Time, Another Place/Step Into My World on End (he also recorded, during the same session, a track called Live it Up which was un-released until it featured on the CD The End Story (all worth checking out).

Social source share

I am constantly amazed :thumbsup: ..................a wind up...have you never heard "ANOTHER TIME ANOTHER PLACE"?..........Oh, the same credits as regard to producers etc Harry = Starr Both brill oldies IMO ATB Stevie Z
Social source share

I am constantly amazed whistling.gif ..................a wind up...have you never heard "ANOTHER TIME ANOTHER PLACE"?..........Oh, the same credits as regard to producers etc Harry = Starr Both brill oldies IMO ATB Stevie Z

:thumbsup: Err..you've lost me?? What do you mean ' a wind up'? I haven't heard Another time another place,

I just want to know who's who, or, if Harry is actually Johnny or vice versa!! :angry: ..gettin myself confused now!!

Social source share

whistling.gif Err..you've lost me?? What do you mean ' a wind up'? I haven't heard Another time another place,

I just want to know who's who, or, if Harry is actually Johnny or vice versa!! :angry: ..gettin myself confused now!!

Well you are in for a real treat when you hear "Another time another place"...sure some kind person on here will post a sound bite.........Are you New to Northern soul?ATB Stevie
Social source share

Well you are in for a real treat when you hear "Another time another place"...sure some kind person on here will post a sound bite.........Are you New to Northern soul?ATB Stevie

Agree Steve, Both tracks superb, sold my "End" copy a couple of years ago, still got " Goodbye" though, Harry had a great voice....... whistling.gif

Social source share

Agree Steve, Both tracks superb, sold my "End" copy a couple of years ago, still got " Goodbye" though, Harry had a great voice....... whistling.gif

Hi John ,both tunes are timeless and quality.......but needs must.........IMAGINE hearing "Another time " for the first time...NOW........brill....Still playing the tune on Camille :thumbsup: ATB Steve

Social source share

No..Im not new to Northern Soul. Been into the music since I was about 14 (now 43) but as Im continually stuck in a time-warp..(ie;prefer the oldies, faster the better etc) I dont generally listen to slower stuff.

And as Im not really that knowledgable when it comes to who sings what..(ie;dont usually take much notice..in one ear out the other with me!) I just thought I'd ask in order to satisfy my curiousity! Plus I actually like both the tracks that I previously mentioned. I just wanted to know who BLOODY sings it!!! Arrgh!!!

Kaz

Edited by dospan
Social source share

No..Im not new to Northern Soul. Been into the music since I was about 14 (now 43) but as Im continually stuck in a time-warp..(ie;prefer the oldies, faster the better etc) I dont generally listen to slower stuff.

And as Im not really that knowledgable when it comes to who sings what..(ie;dont usually take much notice..in one ear out the other with me!) I just thought I'd ask in order to satisfy my curiousity! Plus I actually like both the tracks that I previously mentioned. I just wanted to know who BLOODY sings it!!! Arrgh!!!

Kaz

HARRY

Social source share

harry starr`s real name was harry pennington. but in 1964 when he recorded " another time

another place" the beatles were massive stateside and he thought starr might catch the

publics imagination. Also we must remember that after wigan shut. A lot of people took

a few years off so they may not know a lot of the stafford and beyond sounds. There is plenty for them

to catch up on. whistling.gif

dave

Social source share

harry starr`s real name was harry pennington. but in 1964 when he recorded " another time

another place" the beatles were massive stateside and he thought starr might catch the

publics imagination. Also we must remember that after wigan shut. A lot of people took

a few years off so they may not know a lot of the stafford and beyond sounds. There is plenty for them

to catch up on. :thumbsup:

dave

Too right Dave, strange isn't it, amongst hardened collectors the stafford area is held as a magical era full of great sounds. To many people though it still remains a mystery.........Buy them stafford compilations I say and enjoy....... whistling.gif

Social source share

Too right Dave, strange isn't it, amongst hardened collectors the stafford area is held as a magical era full of great sounds. To many people though it still remains a mystery.........Buy them stafford compilations I say and enjoy....... whistling.gif

Totally agree with you there Johnny my boy... love Harry Deal by the way - any track - but my fave one of his is "I Still Love You" ..... oooooh what a tuuuune :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest johnm

Buy them stafford compilations I say and enjoy....... :thumbsup:

point me in the direction of them stafford compilations and I'll have a listen.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!