Look At Your Box - Literally

Mark R

I've got a couple of the German ones JM sells, i,m 17 stone and can stand on them they are that solid full or empty, why buy £1000's of nice records and put them in a £40 box that twists when carried or would shatter half your records if dropped , good investment imho , i have swan & blacka boxes too but mainly sit on shelves as storage lol

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That's the ones. I should have posted the link! Doh!

Good choice Mark, did you get a single row? I've had a few made a tad longer but Pat who works in the office was telling me that's become more of the standard size now. Really are cracking boxes!

Yes, single row, standard size as far as I'm aware.  If I'd have been buying it I might have had a slightly bigger single row one if that were possible, but the main priority was a better box of at least the same size.  As it is, the contents of my ADDA case went straight into this with the same room to spare............however many that is...........100 or more I suspect. Job done!!

Seems a nice, well made box to me............subject to a bit of use I'm really happy with it.

Cheers,

Mark

Social source share

My Dad has one of the German ones from Manship and I was having a look, they are a bit more protective with thicker lining/padding inside etc. I'm sure they are just over twice the price of a Blacka box but as you say, in the grand scheme of things £100-£200 isn't that much compared to the value of the contents!

Social source share

Just to throw another option into the mix - I was after something more 'traditional' looking, and didn't like the look of the aluminium flight cases. Regardless how much abuse/knocks they can take.

After a lot of searching I found this company based in Spain who ship to the UK

https://www.waxinwood.com/

More expensive than most other options especially when you factor in the postage - however exactly what I was looking for.

No, No don't worry....I won't take it personally that I mentioned this company in November (lol)  :thumbup:

I have the double row job - 'Sally' is the product name

I'm well pleased with it thanks for asking  :wicked:

Edited by nsaints
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

No problem Mike

yes it's well built, good and solid - reassuringly weighty in a quality way, rather than light and flimsy if you know what I mean..

the hinges, locks and the corner protectors are good and solid

only has a red felt lining, however I'm not looking to throw my discs around in the box so I don't see this as a problem

Pricey, but you get what you pay for....recommended

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!