Walter Jackson "uphill Climb To The Bottom"

Reforee

Train spotting time.

Has anybody noticed the difference in the album track to the 45? To my ears there is more of a female vocal on the album track just after half way when the strings and horns kick in, WJ vocals depart and a more predominate female vocal comes out.

While there is a female backing on both tracks, on the album (Speak her name) the female vocal is defo more pronounced?

would it be a quieter cut on the LP which makes this possible or is it a slightly different version/take?

I know must get a life....was just wondering if anybody else noticed this considering it's an very old well known track?

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi dave,just played them through, i cant hear a difference to be truthfull, backing vocals beneath him , then the instrumental break comes as he starts singing again he says ( quietly) "listen" the backing vocals then lift to become more prominent as he sings, my lp is mono and the 45  is on columbia, maybe the us 45 is different? god i need to get out more.....

Social source share

Good points Garethx and Stillsoulin,  My LP is stereo and the  45 is on Okeh so that might explain it and the 45 certainly sounds a lot heavier in the bassline production. It was just so strange to actually hear the difference on a well known old track, as they have both been sat in my collection for ages and I had never noticed it before.

I was under the assumption you were supposed to lose your hearing when you get older, not get hearing abilities like a female and hear everything?

Thanks for your input.

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!