macca

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest martinsbox

loads of peoploe made the trip to st.ives from norwich 75-80. jusrt wondering what happened to these peeps. frances, linda. keith etc if you can read this, un beso muy fuerte. big loud kiss!!

macky

I think the Norwich crowd, and I think the two lads from Yarmouth were abducted by aliens! They just seemed to dissapear not long after the Norwich nighters run by Ken Cox.

Martin

p.s. who was it that had the white beetle, you know the one - he used to go out with the girl with dark curly hair.

Social source share

I think the Norwich crowd, and I think the two lads from Yarmouth were abducted by aliens! They just seemed to dissapear not long after the Norwich nighters run by Ken Cox.

Martin

p.s. who was it that had the white beetle, you know the one - he used to go out with the girl with dark curly hair.

The lad is roger spoke to him 5 years ago still loves his music and the girl linda she passed away in her late 30's as i've been told.

Billy

Social source share

loads of peoploe made the trip to st.ives from norwich 75-80. jusrt wondering what happened to these peeps. frances, linda. keith etc if you can read this, un beso muy fuerte. big loud kiss!!

macky

linda is still alive, i think, she resurfaced at the 100 club, about 10 years back.

frances, not sure who you mean, was it linda's friend.

Keith who, keith dunhill.? if you mean him, he is still around and kicking.

but, yes, Norwich was a thriving northern scene back then and would travel at the drop of a hat, they had a close relationship with the cambridge crowd, this did break down for various reasons i won't go into.

Social source share

Guest martyn

linda is still alive, i think, she resurfaced at the 100 club, about 10 years back.

frances, not sure who you mean, was it linda's friend.

Keith who, keith dunhill.? if you mean him, he is still around and kicking.

but, yes, Norwich was a thriving northern scene back then and would travel at the drop of a hat, they had a close relationship with the cambridge crowd, this did break down for various reasons i won't go into.

I remember Linda......remember the girl with the curly hair(Karen?)....Top girls ,always around.Met them at my first nighter (St Ives),never knew the Norwich crowd as well as others-but always passed the time of night in following years

Social source share

• 5 months later...

hi,you mentioned Linda Thats linda Griggstone got her into the scene in 1978 i worked with her dad. she soon got to know alot of people on the scene like her smarties too! mad as a hatter! a right good laugh Was on the front cover of the Sun newspaper pissed in court, on jury service!!!!!! last known living in Bristol area working for a newspaper!!!!

Social source share

Guest Una Scot-Oz

My pal Kath Rose was from Norwich. We got back into the Northern scene out here in Australia. She just recently moved up to the Gold Coast, I'll see her this weekend at Billy's. She spoke about you Billy Whizz!

Social source share

frances, cropped red hair, lovely smile, used to hang out with linda. we all went back to her gaff after a samson & delilah all-nighter, early 78. she cooked me egg bacon & sausage for breakfast. it didn't go down too well with the rest of the gang, all wasted & waiting for the pubs to open so they could 'kill off' the downer. I was going through a period of abstinence at the time. it didn't last long.

Social source share

My pal Kath Rose was from Norwich. We got back into the Northern scene out here in Australia. She just recently moved up to the Gold Coast, I'll see her this weekend at Billy's. She spoke about you Billy Whizz!

HI THERE UNA JUST READING YOUR POSTING SHES GOT A BROTHER WHO LIVES IN NORWICH YH I KNOW KATE LOVELY GIRL HAD A CRUSH ON HER IN THE EARLY DAYS SEND HER MY LOVE.

BILLY :thumbsup:

Social source share

Billy wot a geezer!!! sexy beast!!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Mobbsy hows things i heard you pick up some nice sounds in the last few months im now off to bed sore throat stinking cold ear ache headache im to a allnighter tomorrow night i remember taking you to your first allnighter can you refresh me at a later date peterbourgh st ives wigan samanthas not to sure take care.

Billy :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Una Scot-Oz

HI THERE UNA JUST READING YOUR POSTING SHES GOT A BROTHER WHO LIVES IN NORWICH YH I KNOW KATE LOVELY GIRL HAD A CRUSH ON HER IN THE EARLY DAYS SEND HER MY LOVE.

BILLY :thumbsup:

Hi Billy, Yes she told me to tell you she was known as "Rosie". (haven't told her about the crush yet!) she does have a brother who is in the scene too. I 'll see her today at the Gold Coast all-dayer, we are here at the Billy's Weekender which is fantastic sofar(only trouble is that it's tropical heat here, no cool breeze to retreat to.) Anyway, I'll say hello for you.

PS I remember you too!

Social source share

Hi Guy's, Yes It is me! BILLY! I never Knew you had a crush on me, couldn't believe it when Una told me at the weekend, I'm quite flattered :0) I know now thou :O) it's been a long time between chat's, how's it going? Still getting out on the floor I take it ? Never a better dancer than Billy, (Oh! Shawn Jones was up there with you ) Hey just have to say just incase I never said it before , think I did but THANKS for being our Mini bus driver over the years the trips up to niters were just as much fun as the niter it's self , some great laughs and great time's fond memories hey ! you nutter :O) Hope your well, it's a small world hey ?

Mobzy how are you my old Pal, as you can see after coming home for the St Ives Anniversary ( wasn't it brilliant )

I found my soul here in OZ , and my God have do we have a Northern Scene going here, Just had the best weekender Ever up here in the Gold coast, It's going to take a while to recover from this one, FANTASTIC ! I still manage to give the floor a good work out myself ( never lost it thank God )

Mobzzzi have you lot been sitting there with your feet up in front of the box with ya slippers on since St Ives 1 1/2 year ago ! hence this question were are all the Norwich Crowd ! Hope not would hate to think our crowd had given it away :O( I mean we had a coach load for that wot's happened did you go to peterbough the other week and DEXYbrough ! Give my love to every one hey !

Keith Dunhill made a post the other month here on Northern soul in OZ, freaky! nearly as freaky as this ! God bless computers Hey !

Now as for my other admirer Paul, Had no Idea I was this lucky :O) I`ve got quite the head swell going here, you know Phil , Dave and Jan and all that crowd from Peterbough ,yes!

My Brothers name is Mally, he was seeing Jan a couple of years ago,

Mobzzzi, I've seen the name Chalky on a couple of other posts, Would that be Mark ?

Well off to bed, weekend getting the best of me now, talk soon.

Love Kath x

Social source share

hi Kath not the same Chalky we know, saw him couple of years back seamed okeh . trying to get in touch with Black Sam remember him !!!! living somewhere in Africa! Still doing alldayers now and again getting to old for allnighters! but may go to the next Wilton with Monsey (if i can twist his arm) and kev fev . Glad you are enjoying the northern soul dos down under ,told you so!!! just as good as the dos in the U.K. no doubt. KTF best wishes ,Mobbsy. :wicked:

Social source share

Hi Guy's, Yes It is me! BILLY! I never Knew you had a crush on me, couldn't believe it when Una told me at the weekend, I'm quite flattered :0) I know now thou :O) it's been a long time between chat's, how's it going? Still getting out on the floor I take it ? Never a better dancer than Billy, (Oh! Shawn Jones was up there with you ) Hey just have to say just incase I never said it before , think I did but THANKS for being our Mini bus driver over the years the trips up to niters were just as much fun as the niter it's self , some great laughs and great time's fond memories hey ! you nutter :O) Hope your well, it's a small world hey ?

Mobzy how are you my old Pal, as you can see after coming home for the St Ives Anniversary ( wasn't it brilliant )

I found my soul here in OZ , and my God have do we have a Northern Scene going here, Just had the best weekender Ever up here in the Gold coast, It's going to take a while to recover from this one, FANTASTIC ! I still manage to give the floor a good work out myself ( never lost it thank God )

Mobzzzi have you lot been sitting there with your feet up in front of the box with ya slippers on since St Ives 1 1/2 year ago ! hence this question were are all the Norwich Crowd ! Hope not would hate to think our crowd had given it away :O( I mean we had a coach load for that wot's happened did you go to peterbough the other week and DEXYbrough ! Give my love to every one hey !

Keith Dunhill made a post the other month here on Northern soul in OZ, freaky! nearly as freaky as this ! God bless computers Hey !

Now as for my other admirer Paul, Had no Idea I was this lucky :O) I`ve got quite the head swell going here, you know Phil , Dave and Jan and all that crowd from Peterbough ,yes!

My Brothers name is Mally, he was seeing Jan a couple of years ago,

Mobzzzi, I've seen the name Chalky on a couple of other posts, Would that be Mark ?

Well off to bed, weekend getting the best of me now, talk soon.

Love Kath x

Hi kate just reading your posting,exellent first post,got some fond memories of the early days,i see some pictures on billys beach party weekender is there any pictures of you on there,if not try and get some on there,are you ever coming back to Norwich for a holiday if s o we do have some alldayers going on theres some off the old faces on the scene i was speaking to Phil at cleethorpes on sunday thats pity i did'nt read your posting earlier i would've told him you were asking about him he still looks the same 5ft 2 15 stone and 3 hairs on his head lol take care Kate i love your top record that says everything.

Billy x :rolleyes:

Social source share

Hi Una,

When you see Kath say everyone from Norwich sez hello. She came to the one but last St. Ives anniversary when she was home.

A magnificent dancer, infact they dont get any better

Monsey

Edited by Alamo
Social source share

I remember a very attractive girl from Norwich who used to patronsie the Pboro Wirrina all-nighter who moved to Oz, has a brother who still goes to the occasional soul doos around these parts....is it your mate?

Me 1972

51INVITE.png

Know him well. You are talking about Mally Rose & his sister Kathy. I occasionally see Mally and know he makes the odd jaunt upto the Twisted Wheel.

his sister lives in Oz.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest denmac

i was thumbing a lift to the torch one afternoon. must have been an alldayer. i got picked up by two girls from norwich in a mini. sorry i cant remember names but we met up a few times at the cats.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert