Kev John

C/u At The Mecca

This record was a C/U at the Mecca for a short while !

Anybody know what it was C/U as ?

David Lenyard & The Music Tree - It Could Have Been You - Flying Eagles records

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

Never knew it was covered up I always knew it as that,

Hi Mark

Got 1 with all tape marks on where It was covered up

Was speaking to Colin Curtis last night he can remember it being C/U for a short time but he can't remember what the name or title of  the C/U  

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

It is possible that someone tried covering it up in the 80's, do you remember when you got it. The reason I say that, is that there were a few Mecca tracks that a few younger DJ's played covered up as they had never gone there and as far as they knew were unknown. I remember being at Hinckley one night and someone playing  Innersection C/U, he was most put out when I told him what it was and that it had been played around the country in the 70's as well as being on the Soul Bowl, Front Page lists for a number of weeks.

The speed at which new or newish releases were being played there in the mid to late 70's could make your head spin.

Edited by Dave Thorley

It is possible that someone tried covering it up in the 80's, do you remember when you got it. The reason I say that, is that there were a few Mecca tracks that a few younger DJ's played covered up as they had never gone there and as far as they knew were unknown. I remember being at Hinckley one night and someone playing  Innersection C/U, he was most put out when I told him what it was and that it had been played around the country in the 70's as well as being on the Soul Bowl, Front Page lists for a number of weeks.

The speed at which new or newish releases were being played there in the mid to late 70's could make your head spin.

Hi Dave

Got it very recently of Keith Minshull 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.