EBAY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Hi Soulies, Just needed to let off some steam, I have pride in my sales and have 100% positive feedback, been selling on there for the last 10 years with no problems at all. I have been on there tonight to search for something, only to find I have negative feedback, if a buyer wants to return a record, then no problem, I think this has only happened once in 10 years. I sold a few records on there about a week or so back, one guy messaged me saying the record I sold him was not an original, because it had a different B side, but it didn't matter because he only brought it for the A side, he said the record played fantastic, and that he would still accept it, so no problem, so I thought nothing of this, but I did message him back, and said if he wasn't entirely happy, to send it back and I would give him a full refund. Then looking on there tonight, I saw that he left me negative feedback, said that the record was not as discribed, but that he would keep it, so I messaged him and asked why the negative feedback, and 5 minutes later I had an EBay case, saying that a refund case had been opened against me, WTF,  the record in question sold for £4, what a C_ _ T.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I had some bother a year or two ago. It just seems as though everything is aimed towards the buyer and the seller hasn't got a leg to stand on. Tried phoning eBay to resolve and they weren't interested! Good luck with sorting it!

Social source share

got 100% feed back on ebay soulsource and I thought I had on discogs till I aw that a numbty had given me a negative feedback ,the reason that I had questioned his postage charge of £4-20 for a £10 record, when he would not change it I cancelled the purchace  ,got intouch with discogs and explained my side of it,waited a week they came back to me saying that they were leaving the negative feedback on  wtf is that all about !!!!!!!!!

Social source share

11 hours ago, Benji said:

If your communication was via Ebay you got the proof that buyer accepted to keep the record. Tell that to Ebay and they will close the case and remove neg feedback.

I have the proof, he actually left the message on my feedback, stating (record not as described, but will keep it anyway) his exact words, wan_ _ r.

Social source share

12 hours ago, Benji said:

If your communication was via Ebay you got the proof that buyer accepted to keep the record. Tell that to Ebay and they will close the case and remove neg feedback.

52 minutes ago, joesoul1958 said:

I have the proof, he actually left the message on my feedback, stating (record not as described, but will keep it anyway) his exact words, wan_ _ r.

At the end of the day the guy ended up with an item that was not as described, the value of the item is irrelevant, he probably could not be bothered to return a low value item. I would not be too sure Ebay will overturn the feedback as it is indeed accurate regarding the transaction. 

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

At the end of the day the guy ended up with an item that was not as described, the value of the item is irrelevant, he probably could not be bothered to return a low value item. I would not be too sure Ebay will overturn the feedback as it is indeed accurate regarding the transaction. 

True, however if they accept the item and are not willing to return when a refund is offered, why or how can they leave negative feedback?

I have had this scenario  (as a buyer) recently,  received wrong record and was given a full refund.  Seller has apologised and refunded.   I could leave negative feedback,  but didn't as money was refunded. I could have left good feedback as issue was satisfactorily resolved,  but didn't as still received wrong record. That leaves the neutral option, but decided not to.  Reason being the seller lists hundreds of records, bound to be the odd error, so I decided not to leave any feedback. Seemed the fairest option all round. 

I can't see how negative can be left if a full refund has been offered but declined, what else is the seller expected to do?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, jim g said:

Had the same thing happen to me about a year ago. £3 record, free postage, let him keep the record, and gave him a refund . There are some really pathetic people out there .

And block him from further transactions

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

30 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

He couldn't be bothered to return the record but he could be bothered to keep AND leave a negative! He is just a nasty nasty w*****r but unfortunately there are a few of those types around.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Supercorsa said:

True, however if they accept the item and are not willing to return when a refund is offered, why or how can they leave negative feedback?

I have had this scenario  (as a buyer) recently,  received wrong record and was given a full refund.  Seller has apologised and refunded.   I could leave negative feedback,  but didn't as money was refunded. I could have left good feedback as issue was satisfactorily resolved,  but didn't as still received wrong record. That leaves the neutral option, but decided not to.  Reason being the seller lists hundreds of records, bound to be the odd error, so I decided not to leave any feedback. Seemed the fairest option all round. 

I can't see how negative can be left if a full refund has been offered but declined, what else is the seller expected to do?

43 minutes ago, gointoagogo said:

He couldn't be bothered to return the record but he could be bothered to keep AND leave a negative! He is just a nasty nasty w*****r but unfortunately there are a few of those types around.

I'm not saying the buyer is right or wrong here, I'm saying how Ebay might see it with regard to the actual transaction. i know full well what certain buyers can be like, its not too long since I got no end of grief for not mentioning a drill hole in what was otherwise a totally mint and pristine record.

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

its not too long since I got no end of grief for not mentioning a drill hole in what was otherwise a totally mint and pristine record.

- yet another idiot! Hope you didn't have a picture with your listing 'cos that would have compounded their idiocy.

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith
10 hours ago, Supercorsa said:

This is a ridiculous post ! All was ok and deal was satisfactory should be positive feedback!!!

Social source share

I'm currently in an odd situation with a buyer on eBay, I sold a mint condition 70's pressing of Bernie Williams on Eric a couple of weeks ago. Within days, I got a message via eBay saying that the buyer wanted to return the record for a refund because 'although the record does appear to be mint, there are several loud pops during playback'.

Now, I guess most of us know that all copies of this pressing sound like that because the original it was dubbed from wasn't exactly mint, sonically. Anyway, I agreed to accept the return immediately because I couldn't be arsed to explain to the buyer that all copies will sound the same, unless you splash out on an original.

The odd thing is though, two weeks later, my PayPal payment is now 'pending' because the returns process is active and I still haven't received the record back...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!