What Would You Do

at a soul night last night i noticed a new face

i got chatting as you do and asked who,s the record box on the table was.

its mine he said so i asked sales?

he said yes so i looked through

low and behold i came across a copy of dee dee sharp..deep dark secret for sale

i asked how much and he said price is on the sleeve..i looked and saw 15 pounds

ok ill have it biggrin.gif

5 minutes later after showing a good m8 the m8 offered me £100 for it there and then

the thing is he knows what i paid for it

so do i sell it to him (as i have a copy) for his offer price or do i let him have it for a knock down price?

plz help me decide

moldie

Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kid mohair

ok ill have it biggrin.gif

5 minutes later after showing a good m8 the m8 offered me £100 for it there and then

so do i sell it to him (as i have a copy) for his offer price or do i let him have it for a knock down price?

plz help me decide

moldie

£20 and you get a drink out of it. thumbsup.gif he is a mate , UNLESS HE SELLS IT FOR £100, ranting_1.gif
Social source share

well now im thinking shouldi have done a poll

thought about it but i dont know how :thumbsup:

a varied response from you all

thanks indeed but its about 50/50 methinks

ummmm shall i put it on ebay :thumbsup:

glad I am not your mate's............... :thumbsup: .....you give him it for £15 :)

if i was a badun id have snapped his hand off :thumbsup:

Social source share

ok ill have it :thumbsup:

plz help me decide

moldie

Take the hundred quid and give £35 of it to the original seller when you see him next so you have both had £50 out of the deal. Don't know why you think buying from some one for a price they ask is any different from taking an amount that is offered?

The only difference in this instance is both you and your mate know this can sell for much more. Mind you the original seller had the price about right based on quality and numbers about. :)

Social source share

"do unto others" as the old saying goes, if it was me when i saw the seller again i,d bung him twenty quid or so but then i,m soft like that

a few months ago i sold what i thought to be a couple of old hat records to someone i know for what i believed to be a silly high price for such records, little did i know that the records had recently shot up in price tenfold :thumbsup: , on top of that the bloke who bought them of me went around saying he was great and i was a prat for selling them so cheap :) , however at the time i was more than happy with what i got, and he was happy with what he got so i wasnt that bothered .

However next time he comes to ouir local soul night i,ll have the alloys of his audi (only joking) :thumbsup:

Social source share

. Don't know why you think buying from some one for a price they ask is any different from taking an amount that is offered?

hey im only asking peoples opinion...ive not said its any different

moldie

Social source share

"do unto others" as the old saying goes, if it was me when i saw the seller again i,d bung him twenty quid or so but then i,m soft like that

i did ask him if the price was correct...he said it was so i bought it

a few months ago i sold what i thought to be a couple of old hat records to someone i know for what i believed to be a silly high price for such records, little did i know that the records had recently shot up in price tenfold :thumbsup: , on top of that the bloke who bought them of me went around saying he was great and i was a prat for selling them so cheap :) , however at the time i was more than happy with what i got, and he was happy with what he got so i wasnt that bothered .

i havent said anything about the seller to anyone...he was happy and so was i but more so :thumbsup:

However next time he comes to ouir local soul night i,ll have the alloys of his audi (only joking) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Moldie,

to save all this grief why dont you just give it to me for what you paid for it then i can sell it to your mate for the £100 and then as im a decent bloke i will buy you a beer or ten for all your troubles and then you wouldnt have this dilema no more,

i wouldnt do this for just anyone you know.

Bearsy

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

ok ill have it :thumbsup:

plz help me decide

moldie

if the person who wants it is Mischief i'd ask for £200 :)

Social source share

if the person who wants it is Mischief i'd ask for £200 :thumbsup:

if only it was andy....but like i said the blokes a mate :thumbsup:

only joking paul :thumbsup:

Moldie,

to save all this grief why dont you just give it to me for what you paid for it then i can sell it to your mate for the £100 and then as im a decent bloke i will buy you a beer or ten for all your troubles and then you wouldnt have this dilema no more,

i wouldnt do this for just anyone you know.

Bearsy

hey that sounds fair :)

ill bring it to bisley niter next week

moldie

Social source share

if only it was andy....but like i said the blokes a mate :thumbsup:

only joking paul :thumbsup:

hey that sounds fair :)

ill bring it to bisley niter next week

moldie

Thing is now everyone in the world will know whats going on so we could just use it as a beer mat and watch everyones faces as they walk past and notice :thumbsup: ,

Really looking forward to Bisley next week as it will be my first visit after many failed attempts, :thumbsup:

Bearsy

Social source share

£15 on the sleeve ? thought you might at least have tried to knock him down to £10 :):thumbsup:

Seriously though, don't you feel a little pang of guilt Moldie ? Ebay & record shops/dealers fair game, but a fellow soulie face to face,I don't think i could have taken it without telling him. I reckon you should take the £100 knock off the £15 & split it 3 ways everyone would be happy then. But hey, i'm a fool who will never be a business man :thumbsup:

Social source share

At the last Cleethorpes a guy asked me to look thru his box, i pulled out a £200 record he had £30 marked on it....i told him it was 200+, we checked in the guide and sure enough it was £250. I dont know why i did this, i think nothing of taking any bargain i can get when in the US.....maybe because it was a regular customer who just did`nt know...and i like the guy.....i dont regret it, sure i did the right thing........but maybe would have dont the same thing in your situation...strangers are different but you have to look after your mates with records.....what goes around etc etc.....

Chris

Social source share

Moldie are you sure you gave me the right record!!! :wicked: Think it should've been this one. whistling.gif

Personally if they want to give you a ton for it then take it.

Do i know him?

Dave.

yes it was one of the djs from sat night

dont wanna mention him by name

some people have suggested i give the seller some more cash but would he have given me money back if i had paid over the top

i think not

the said dj wants it for his collection and is still getting it cheap at £100 as its in mint minus condition

with regards people saying what goes round etc i sold a record about 3 years ago for £30 and have since seen it on lists and ebay at £100 and since sat night i have spoke to him about it but no way do i think hey i want more cash

ill see if the mate wants to do a trade for something hes had for years and got cheap then we both win

moldie

Social source share

think you may be better off as he has some nice stuff.Would he trade tho'?To be honest he's welcome to it as I think its had its day.Also not my cup of tea. shhh.gif

Dave.

i might even say to him if hes pays for my prestatyn ticket he can have it

unsure on wether he would trade but ill see him at bisley on sat night

moldie

Social source share

£15 on the sleeve ? thought you might at least have tried to knock him down to £10 whistling.gif:wicked:

Seriously though, don't you feel a little pang of guilt Moldie ? i dont feel any guilt

Ebay & record shops/dealers fair game, but a fellow soulie face to face,I don't think i could have taken it without telling him. I reckon you should take the £100 knock off the £15 & split it 3 ways everyone would be happy then. But hey, i'm a fool who will never be a business man

do big dealers feel guily when they find a record and then sell it on knowing they have a box full? i think not

moldie

Social source share

do big dealers feel guily when they find a record and then sell it on knowing they have a box full? i think not

moldie

But they would never ever do a thing like that Moldie, i'm sure they wouldn't ! whistling.gif:wicked:

Social source share

i think i might believe you :lol:

:lol:

Only joking anyway Moldie, you did your best by asking him if it was priced right, & if he didn't have the sense to take the hint then it's his own fault.

There is another posible scenario though Moldie :huh: . Perhaps they were stolen & he wanted rid of em' quick ?

So now you are not only ripping off a fellow soulie, you are also possibly handling stolen property ! :lol:

Social source share

:lol:

Only joking anyway Moldie, you did your best by asking him if it was priced right, & if he didn't have the sense to take the hint then it's his own fault.

There is another posible scenario though Moldie :huh: . Perhaps they were stolen & he wanted rid of em' quick ?

So now you are not only ripping off a fellow soulie, you are also possibly handling stolen property ! :lol:

you got me worried now

i never miss an eastleigh soul night and i gotta say ive never seen him there or anywhere else to be honest

i dont think anyone else there new him or his mrs

to be honest i didnt see him move from his seat all nite

i must admit he did have some good tunes for sale but i had already bought what kind of lady for £30 od andy hutchins

maybe someone else who was there new him?

moldie

Social source share

you got me worried now

i never miss an eastleigh soul night and i gotta say ive never seen him there or anywhere else to be honest

i must admit he did have some good tunes for sale but i had already bought what kind of lady for £30 od andy hutchins

moldie

Well if it comes to court there is evidence on this thread that you bought it in good faith :huh:

Social source share

a few months ago i sold what i thought to be a couple of old hat records to someone i know for what i believed to be a silly high price for such records, little did i know that the records had recently shot up in price tenfold :lol: , on top of that the bloke who bought them of me went around saying he was great and i was a prat for selling them so cheap :huh: , however at the time i was more than happy with what i got, and he was happy with what he got so i wasnt that bothered .

However next time he comes to ouir local soul night i,ll have the alloys of his audi (only joking) :lol:

i`am sure loads of readers have done something like what you describe be it either side of the debate.i`ve sold loads of things that have come back to haunt me but hey! ex wifes must!!! quote you. " on top of that..........." yeah i had something like that from an old mate. i had mentioned an album that i had and the next thing was i had his wife at my door saying she wants to buy it for his birthday.. keep the two twelves he lent you" she said. if i knew it was his birthday and knew that he wanted it iwould have been delighted to have wrapped the album up for his birthday. all i got was the coment he made on getting the lp.,.,..,.,"well he doe`snt know what he`s got. cheers mate.

Social source share

you got me worried now

moldie

==========

I'm sure if a box of records, or even a 'deep dark secret' had been stolen recently it would have been on SS. Think you can rest easy Moldie :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert