Contacting Discogs

Stevie

Anyone know how to do this?

Had an email to say a record I had listed had sold.

Problem was the buyer lives in Spain and under my sellers terms I had stated postage to UK addresses only.

I messaged him and whilst he was disappointed he did acknowledge he hadn't read my terms.

In order to relist I had to complete appropriate reason in drop down box. Only three options available so closest option was item unavailable. Duly clicked this only to find that doing this prevents relisting.

First time I have listed/sold on Discogs so unsure what to do next..

Social source share

41 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

Stevie did you read all of this stuff? only trying to help

https://support.discogs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007540593-What-Are-Shipping-Terms

Thanks - have just read it through. I guess the pertinent part to me is

"What needs to be included in the Seller Terms"?  - "Any regions the seller refuses to ship to"  So in saying I will post to UK addresses only I have assumed that buyers will realise I won't ship elsewhere. The guy who wanted to buy it lives in Spain. He is ok with situation but I am unable to relist. 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

It's never happened to me so I may be missing something, but there should be nothing to prevent you listing it again. Discogs may not like a direct relist, as it counters "item not available", but a fresh, yet identical listing shouldn't be a problem. Maybe change the description slightly, add a comma or full stop.

Will try this Mick - as you say 'item not available' is the crux.

Social source share

A new listing will create a new inventory number for the item and solve the problem.

You should also go to the shipping calculator page to unselect all countries except UK. This way customers in other countries will not be able to add your items to their shopping cart. (You don't need to add shipping prices to the calculator if you prefer to invoice manually.)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, LarsC said:

A new listing will create a new inventory number for the item and solve the problem.

You should also go to the shipping calculator page to unselect all countries except UK. This way customers in other countries will not be able to add your items to their shopping cart. (You don't need to add shipping prices to the calculator if you prefer to invoice manually.)

That's fixed it Lars - unselecting all except UK will hopefully prevent future issues. Thanks 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!