Blackpoolsoul profile photo

Paragons ? Chicago

Posted (edited)

Can you any one help with the line up

The image was on you tube 

Perhaps someone can nail down the members, as it seems a bit sketchy

Julius Armour, King, and Larry. Charles  ?

soul Paragons

Edited by Blackpoolsoul

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

When you open the image in a new tab it's titled "Paragons. jpg ... 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

When you open the image in a new tab it's titled "Paragons. jpg ... 

Oh Dear changed the title to who were members 😁

Edited by Blackpoolsoul

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The Paragons were a New York group

Dave

  • Disagree 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

This can't be the New York Doo-Wop Paragons of Winley Records ('Florence' etc.) fame-they were never on Buddah; I don't think  they recorded in the 70's .

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Louise said:

The Paragons were a New York group

Dave

 

13 minutes ago, Michael V said:

This can't be the New York Doo-Wop Paragons of Winley Records ('Florence' etc.) fame-they were never on Buddah; I don't think  they recorded in the 70's .

Totally different, I agree which is why I asked 😄

http://www.uncamarvy.com/Paragons/paragons.html

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
28 minutes ago, Michael V said:

This can't be the New York Doo-Wop Paragons of Winley Records ('Florence' etc.) fame-they were never on Buddah; I don't think  they recorded in the 70's .

14 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

 

Totally different, I agree which is why I asked 😄

http://www.uncamarvy.com/Paragons/paragons.html

the end bit of http://www.uncamarvy.com/Paragons/paragons.html says the below... 


In the 70s, in response to the oldies craze, Bill Witt (who had led the Paragons on "Don't Cry Baby"), put together a Paragons group that may have consisted of first tenor Ernest Burnside, second tenor Glen Mosley, and baritone Joseph Pitts. He occasionally appeared with his Paragons group for many years.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

One or two of the Pargon's also sang with Eddie & The Starlights

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike said:

the end bit of http://www.uncamarvy.com/Paragons/paragons.html says the below... 


In the 70s, in response to the oldies craze, Bill Witt (who had led the Paragons on "Don't Cry Baby"), put together a Paragons group that may have consisted of first tenor Ernest Burnside, second tenor Glen Mosley, and baritone Joseph Pitts. He occasionally appeared with his Paragons group for many years.

Exactly, which totally goes against what was posted on You tube when I posted the names Mike

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

When i spoke with Richard Moore a couple of years ago he furnished me with the other Paragon's members names, Raymond Sanders, Ulysses Mason (lead singer) and Billy Witt (Bass/Baritone). Witt was also a member of The Velours and The Limelights.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
11 hours ago, Mike said:

the end bit of http://www.uncamarvy.com/Paragons/paragons.html says the below... 


In the 70s, in response to the oldies craze, Bill Witt (who had led the Paragons on "Don't Cry Baby"), put together a Paragons group that may have consisted of first tenor Ernest Burnside, second tenor Glen Mosley, and baritone Joseph Pitts. He occasionally appeared with his Paragons group for many years.

Found  this which mentions a Julius 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camelots_(doo_wop_group)

Share this forum post


soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. A Classy Cluster Of Chicago Collectables!
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Sat 21 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 417
    • Roger Banks on 21 Mar 2020
  2. News: Dusty Groove Doc Premieres in Chicago
    All About the SOUL by Mike on Tue 25 Feb 2020
    • 2 / 151
    • Coolnotes on 10 Mar 2020
  3. Soul Majestics Al-Tog & Chicago Music Bag
    Look At Your Box by Tlscapital on Wed 07 Aug 2019
    • 10 / 834
    • Soulstrutter on 06 Mar 2020
  4. News: Dusty Groove Doc Premieres in Chicago
    All About the SOUL by Mike on Tue 25 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 214
    • Mike on 25 Feb 2020

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.