Carol Fran

dob

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i'm after a copy of...ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES - CAROL FRAN.....has anyone got one for sale or can anyone tell me the label and value of this record?...thanks...dob

YEAH ME TOO

THINK IT BELONGS TO THE PORT LABEL ,MAYBE EVEN A LATER ISSUE BY THEM BUT GOOD LUCK .

ITS MY FAVE CAROL FRAN CHOON BY A LONG MILE.

HEARING IT PLAYED OUT FROM TIME TO TIME WOULD DO ME!

:ohmy: NEV

Social source share

i'm after a copy of...ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES - CAROL FRAN.....has anyone got one for sale or can anyone tell me the label and value of this record?...thanks...dob

Hi Dob, 'Roll With The Punches (Take Three) originally recorded back in March 1967, was first issued on a Westside CD WESM 525 "Dr Good Soul" then again on another CD from them 'Blues Belles' The Complete Calla Recordings of Bettye Lavette and The Complete Port and Roulette recordings of Carol Fran - 1964 - 67 - WESM 549 which came out in 1999, not sure if these CD's are still available but well worth picking up (check out a belting track from little miss Detroit as Bettye Lavette really let's rip on another unissued gem of a track 'She Don't Love You Like I Love You'), Frans version is the original version also recorded by Garnet Mimms, Carol's version never came out on vinyl as Warren stated except on the two CD's mentioned here.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Hi Dob, 'Roll With The Punches (Take Three) originally recorded back in March 1967, was first issued on a Westside CD WESM 525 "Dr Good Soul" then again on another CD from them 'Blues Belles' The Complete Calla Recordings of Bettye Lavette and The Complete Port and Roulette recordings of Carol Fran - 1964 - 67 - WESM 549 which came out in 1999, not sure if these CD's are still available but well worth picking up (check out a belting track from little miss Detroit as Bettye Lavette really let's rip on another unissued gem of a track 'She Don't Love You Like I Love You'), Frans version is the original version also recorded by Garnet Mimms, Carol's version never came out on vinyl as Warren stated except on the two CD's mentioned here.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

thanks to everyone for the info....dob

Social source share

:thumbsup: Been playing my Bluesoul Belles Betty Lavette/Carol Fran non stop since i read this thread.WHAT A FANTASTIC CD compiled by fellow soul-sourcer Tony Rounce id forgotten about since i bought it in 1999. 24 tracks with unreleased & alternate takes,AVE IT!!

dob & nev ive pm'd you.

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

Hi mate,Lonnie youngblood did a take on this track on loma 2097,not a bad effort....do prefer the carol fran cut ,though.

neil.

Edited by Neil Taylor
Social source share

Source Advert