Joe Hunter Interview

G F

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Credit where due, that was an absolute class interview, and as previously mentioned , what a memory Joe Hunter possesses, I have listened to it several times over, and the pictorial supplement just adds nicely to the "journey".......Great Stuff !

Well Done Graham, can't wait for the "next episode". 

Social source share

Thanks for the positive feedback.

It took me quite a while to edit the audio files -- around 100 hours to come up with that video. I tried to get it in some sort of chronological order, but our actual conversations would inevitably jump around from topic/year to topic/year. Joe was prolific and the interview scratches the surface of what he was involved in. 

I've just listened to another interview I did with a guy called A.J. and he said that he and some teenage friends were the Hit Men backing Lee Jennings, and that Joe was the main man on those sessions. I imagine Joe was behind those Dotty's and Star Track etc sessions for label owner Sonny Marshall. (BTW - Sonny's wife was called Dorothy). 

Ady --re Boom Boom: it sounds to me like Joe had finished recording a song - with Dave Hamilton, Big Bubbles and Jamerson - and John Lee Hooker was there listening as they ran it down. The riff was something that his manager picked up on and they then recorded it as Boom Boom.

Do the session notes credit Joe and Jamerson, and names United Sound? 

Social source share

47 minutes ago, G F said:

Thanks for the positive feedback.

It took me quite a while to edit the audio files -- around 100 hours to come up with that video. I tried to get it in some sort of chronological order, but our actual conversations would inevitably jump around from topic/year to topic/year. Joe was prolific and the interview scratches the surface of what he was involved in. 

I've just listened to another interview I did with a guy called A.J. and he said that he and some teenage friends were the Hit Men backing Lee Jennings, and that Joe was the main man on those sessions. I imagine Joe was behind those Dotty's and Star Track etc sessions for label owner Sonny Marshall. (BTW - Sonny's wife was called Dorothy). 

Ady --re Boom Boom: it sounds to me like Joe had finished recording a song - with Dave Hamilton, Big Bubbles and Jamerson - and John Lee Hooker was there listening as they ran it down. The riff was something that his manager picked up on and they then recorded it as Boom Boom.

Do the session notes credit Joe and Jamerson, and names United Sound? 

Hi,Graham,i noticed on the interview that there was a poster with Cal Green on it.Would that be the same Cal Green who sang I'll give you just a little more time? Chris. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!