Billy Sha Rae

Julianb

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As it's unlikely I'll get an Eddie Parker version, has anyone got the above for sale please ( original only thanks).

Still looking for;-

Bobby Kline

Danny Monday

Rita & Tiaras

Hoagy Lands - Stateside.

Anyone, please!

Hi Julian, you just missed one on ebay, saturday i think, on the rarer brown label (i think) went for £13 :shhh:

Pete Eccles

Edited by pete60
Social source share

Hi Julian

i've got a Billy Shae Rae on Spectum white demo that i'd sell or trade, but i've been told its pretty rare on demo & i've no idea of a price [Manny doesnt list the demo ] ????????? bin told demo's nearly as rare as Eddie's 45 ? [ but not the price lol ]

I'd have to dig it out to check condition & try & find a price somewhere if interested.

Mort

www.60sSOUL.2tunes.com

Social source share

sorry to jump on your thread, but have you heard billy sha rae's version of crying clown ? better than eddie parkers imho

# you miss the great I need a true love though thats on eddie parkers. went down really well when I played it in the S&N room Sat. Someone played another dif. version at lifeline weekender but personally prefer the normal one

Social source share

I personally think 'Do It' is a blinding dancer. Strange really when all he says "do it" and "hey" a few times and is practically an instrumental. laugh.gif

I suppose September Jones is the best version of the backing track really...

Jamie

Social source share

As it's unlikely I'll get an Eddie Parker version, has anyone got the above for sale please ( original only thanks).

Still looking for;-

Bobby Kline

Danny Monday

Rita & Tiaras

Hoagy Lands - Stateside.

Anyone, please!

Hi Julian,

I have a holy grail Stateside Green & White (Should of been a Red & White!!)of Hoagy Lands in VG++ Condition with clean labels.

This is from my personal collection and I have been toying with letting it go for some time now.

Im not still sure I will but interested to know what you would offer me for this. I could be tempted. Sorry to sound vague but you know how it is when you have a rare item and are not really sure what to do...

PM me if possible to discuss. Can provide any pictures required.

kind regards - Alamo :P

Social source share

Hi Julian,

I have a holy grail Stateside Green & White (Should of been a Red & White!!)of Hoagy Lands in VG++ Condition with clean labels.

This is from my personal collection and I have been toying with letting it go for some time now.

Im not still sure I will but interested to know what you would offer me for this. I could be tempted. Sorry to sound vague but you know how it is when you have a rare item and are not really sure what to do...

PM me if possible to discuss. Can provide any pictures required.

kind regards - Alamo :P

Pm'ed you.

julian

Social source share

I personally think 'Do It' is a blinding dancer. Strange really when all he says "do it" and "hey" a few times and is practically an instrumental. :lol:

I suppose September Jones is the best version of the backing track really...

Jamie

Weird though innit. I have September Jones in the DJ box but elected to play "Do It" on Saturday night at Bretby to only a luke warm response to be honest. "Do It" is, to me, reminiscent of Stanley Mitchells' "Get It Baby" in that it sounds like something of an ad-hoc rap over a superb backing track.

September will always edge it for me but Billy's effort is real powerhouse stuff when it's up loud and proud in the heat of the night.

Neil thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Weird though innit. I have September Jones in the DJ box but elected to play "Do It" on Saturday night at Bretby to only a luke warm response to be honest. "Do It" is, to me, reminiscent of Stanley Mitchells' "Get It Baby" in that it sounds like something of an ad-hoc rap over a superb backing track.

September will always edge it for me but Billy's effort is real powerhouse stuff when it's up loud and proud in the heat of the night.

Neil thumbsup.gif

Agree with all that, Neil.

Saying that though, when I did play 'Do It' I had a few deck-clocking and a few buy it after hearing it (and learning how cheap it was).

What a backing track, sounds like a 'Wall Of Sound' on a good system :lol: .

Just as an aside, what's the story with the Hourglass issue? does it come after or before the Burgundy/Blue Spectrum issues?

Cheers,

Jamie :lol:

Social source share

Agree with all that, Neil.

Saying that though, when I did play 'Do It' I had a few deck-clocking and a few buy it after hearing it (and learning how cheap it was).

What a backing track, sounds like a 'Wall Of Sound' on a good system :lol: .

Just as an aside, what's the story with the Hourglass issue? does it come after or before the Burgundy/Blue Spectrum issues?

Cheers,

Jamie :thumbsup:

Not sure to be honest Jamie - I have all 3, UK Green & Black Action, Spectrum and Hourglass - and I've no idea where the Hourglass release fits into the picture. If anyone does know, I'd appreciate the info.

Neil :)

Social source share

AQUARIAN AGE

Easy To Be Hard

HOUR GLASS 002

--

MANDELLS

Don't Turn Your Back On Me

HOUR GLASS 004

--

MANDELLS

Now I Know

HOUR GLASS 004

--

GAYLETTS

Son Of A Preacher Man

HOUR GLASS 005

--

GAYLETTS

That's How Strong My Love Is

HOUR GLASS 005

--

BILLY SHA-RAE

Do It

HOUR GLASS 007

--

BILLY SHA-RAE

I Found The One

HOUR GLASS 007

--

LILLIE FIELDS

I'll Get Along Somehow

HOUR GLASS 009

--

LILLIE FIELDS

I've Forgotten How To Cry

HOUR GLASS 009

Social source share

AQUARIAN AGE

Easy To Be Hard

HOUR GLASS 002

--

MANDELLS

Don't Turn Your Back On Me

HOUR GLASS 004

--

MANDELLS

Now I Know

HOUR GLASS 004

--

GAYLETTS

Son Of A Preacher Man

HOUR GLASS 005

--

GAYLETTS

That's How Strong My Love Is

HOUR GLASS 005

--

BILLY SHA-RAE

Do It

HOUR GLASS 007

--

BILLY SHA-RAE

I Found The One

HOUR GLASS 007

--

LILLIE FIELDS

I'll Get Along Somehow

HOUR GLASS 009

--

LILLIE FIELDS

I've Forgotten How To Cry

HOUR GLASS 009

OOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Who swallowed a discography then!!? :):D

Cheers Simon - I have The Mandells on the same label but that's about it.

Any idea of the value of Billy Sha-Rae "Do It" please?

Neil :wub:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

OOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Who swallowed a discography then!!? :rolleyes:biggrin.gif

Cheers Simon - I have The Mandells on the same label but that's about it.

Any idea of the value of Billy Sha-Rae "Do It" please?

Neil :D

I've just seen a 'Do It' (Hourglass) go through ebay for $6.99 with no bids.

John's got one on his site for £25. Which, incidently is £5 more than the Burgundy Spectrum issue (Blue was second issue?)

Still none the wiser :shades:

Jamie

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Source Advert