Lyric Assistance Checkmates

Go to solution Solved by Alan T,

Need Simon T or someone to settle an argument.

Kissing her & crying etc. 1 min 36, “come back and love me like before, don’t let me play the ?blank? no more”

Help appreciated.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Simon T said:

this part?

Fill in the blank. I thought this part, but can’t be? Can’t be ‘see you next Tuesday’ either, though that’s what it sounds like.

Anyway my mate seems to have won the argument, I think.🤔 

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

8 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

This channel separation makes it clearer ; Don't let me play this part no more. That"s what I always heard and sung-a-long to. Fits the story telling  lyrics as in a theatrical "acting" re-play...

I’m just not hearing that. I’m hearing “don’t let me play the card no more”.

I think the isolation of the vocal proves with little doubt that the word in question starts with the letter c.

My best mate and long term soul pal is adamant it’s ‘part’. I respect his view, I’m just puzzled we seem to be hearing different things?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Mark W said:

IMG_5978.thumb.png.727825567c20845eec81742ab5af7a3f.png

https://youtu.be/zR9pEqayHr8?si=pHkUfIOIQQIGdKje

Poster of this YouTube video seems to think it’s “con” and I can kind of hear it being that and it does fit the tale.

The YouTube poster could have just typed up what they were hearing right enough though 

That makes so much sense though and ties in with my first post with it sounding like - ‘see you next Tuesday’ which it isn’t and Americans knowing/ using the term card, which they wouldn’t!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Simon T said:

My money is still on 'play this part no more', but that's  maybe because that's what i want it to be.

I've just run it through some 'forensic software' and it and sometimes the more you faff about the more confusing it gets

I think I'll stick to the lyrics to instrumentals!

I think ‘con’ is the conclusive answer. It follows on from “trying to fool myself”.

Fool - con, fits. 🙂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I think ‘con’ is the conclusive answer. It follows on from “trying to fool myself”.

Fool - con, fits. 🙂

who knows. now there are more important lyrics i.e the last bit of the first verse of The Fiestas  -  Think Smart

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert