Lurkers Of Doncaster Unite

ImberBoy

Lurkers of Doncaster Unite

I know as much as the day I was born

How many Lurkers are on this list that watch most threads but hardly if ever post?

Last week I went to The Earl of Doncaster and as I ascended the stairs I was blocked by a lady who wasn't half bad looking and I thought my luck had changed. After an uncomfortable age she said....... "You're Imberboy", I of course asked her how she knew and I was told "Soul source of course!" I replied "Oh brilliant, do you post on the forum?"............ "Oh no I just read it"

Finding a welcome seat amongst Sue's 50th birthday revellers it became very apparent that every one on the table had some thing to say about the recent "Jump Dance" post on the forum and very apparent that every one sitting around the table where regular readers of Soul Source.

I have known for some time that Elaine from Doncaster reads the forum daily, when she should be busy with the house work before Gilly comes home, I asked her why she doesn't post and the impression I get is that there is a perception that the forum gets a little too "high brow"?

I have been doing this stuff long enough now to be an expert, but in reality I know as much as the day I was born and I am continuously blown away by the sheer depth of knowledge by some on this prestigious forum.

So come on all you "Lurkers" out there get on the key boards and give your opinion, its very much needed and wanted other wise the "Train spotters" win! And the list gets a bit dry and bland, a little like our lasses fookin Yorkshire puddings!

The music clip I have added is a cover version of The Style Council - Shout to the Top, I first heard it played by Soul Sam at Bretby many years ago and loved it.........

Fire Island featuring Loleatta Holloway - Shout To The Top (Play it very loud n boogie!!!!)

Well that's the lot today, I'm off to crash out and watch England the I'm off to Stoke, if any other nice looking ladies want to stop me on the stairs..............

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lurkers of Doncaster Unite

I know as much as the day I was born

How many Lurkers are on this list that watch most threads but hardly if ever post?

Last week I went to The Earl of Doncaster and as I ascended the stairs I was blocked by a lady who wasn't half bad looking and I thought my luck had changed. After an uncomfortable age she said....... "You're Imberboy", I of course asked her how she knew and I was told "Soul source of course!" I replied "Oh brilliant, do you post on the forum?"............ "Oh no I just read it"

Finding a welcome seat amongst Sue's 50th birthday revellers it became very apparent that every one on the table had some thing to say about the recent "Jump Dance" post on the forum and very apparent that every one sitting around the table where regular readers of Soul Source.

I have known for some time that Elaine from Doncaster reads the forum daily, when she should be busy with the house work before Gilly comes home, I asked her why she doesn't post and the impression I get is that there is a perception that the forum gets a little too "high brow"?

I have been doing this stuff long enough now to be an expert, but in reality I know as much as the day I was born and I am continuously blown away by the sheer depth of knowledge by some on this prestigious forum.

So come on all you "Lurkers" out there get on the key boards and give your opinion, its very much needed and wanted other wise the "Train spotters" win! And the list gets a bit dry and bland, a little like our lasses fookin Yorkshire puddings!

The music clip I have added is a cover version of The Style Council - Shout to the Top, I first heard it played by Soul Sam at Bretby many years ago and loved it.........

Fire Island featuring Loleatta Holloway - Shout To The Top (Play it very loud n boogie!!!!)

Well that's the lot today, I'm off to crash out and watch England the I'm off to Stoke, if any other nice looking ladies want to stop me on the stairs..............

Doncaster and surrounding area has always had a strong Northern Soul following.

I'm surprised too that we don't have a lot more posts from this area. :lol:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

My new lass is from Grimsby mate, expect to see me at dos in Cleethorpes, Doncaster, Scunny, Hull etc in the near future hopfefully!

Oh and I don't post much about NS as I'm a commander in chief of the Evil Ska Alliance :ohmy:

Gordy

Whos that then, I might know her

Social source share

It sure is Simon me old mucker, how's it going?

My lass is called Sam(antha) but she ain't a soulie (yet!). She likes a bit of Motown etc but her main favourite music is cheesy chart crap.

Gordy

Well if she aint a soulie yet I probably wont know her, when you come down lets us know and well meet up if you like :D

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Only have to look at the front page to see that the 'lurkers' outnumber the members all the time! As I type there are:

177 guests, 62 members, 12 anonymous members! :lol:

Lot of people getting their info and laughs for 'free' :P

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Sorry Simon but it's not as good as the original or as good as her "Mother of shame", remember that? :wub:

We have been introduced, we first spoke at Blackpool last year when you were dancing a hole in the carpet & we see you at Earl & Drax also. The lady (?) on the stairs could have been my wife Gail but then again maybe not,who knows?She has just started posting but rarely gets chance as I'm always on the bloody machine & she tends to use my name on here, why? who knows but one day when some big Gorilla comes over & lays me out for no apparent reason it'll be because she's used my name in vein. :thumbsup::lol:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :lol:

Social source share

Sorry Simon but it's not as good as the original or as good as her "Mother of shame", remember that? :wub:

We have been introduced, we first spoke at Blackpool last year when you were dancing a hole in the carpet & we see you at Earl & Drax also. The lady (?) on the stairs could have been my wife Gail but then again maybe not,who knows?She has just started posting but rarely gets chance as I'm always on the bloody machine & she tends to use my name on here, why? who knows but one day when some big Gorilla comes over & lays me out for no apparent reason it'll be because she's used my name in vein. :thumbsup::lol:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :lol:

Lurkers of Doncaster unite ? ......

Is it an attempt to form a fan club for the seminal 70s Punk band ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

Rather shitty day today and needed a fix of Stella so I do hope I am not slurring my keyboard?

Drove past Canclow the other day and thought about how lucky we all are to have such a rich Northernsoul vein running through Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, Mexborough, Swinton, Sheffield and Barnsley.

It honestly blows me away the diversity of our little Yorkshire Pudding Scene (Vault if soul lads remember that).

I know there will be other little enclaves with the same love for rare soul music as ours, and I am just taking the pee pee out of some of the very special people that I have the honour to call my friends when I say Lurkers.

I watched with great interest as South Yorkshire Soul established it's self on the map with a real passion and love for our music.

I can go to the Earl of Doncaster and be educated as if I had just joined the scene, I can go to The Vault of soul boys do's and experience the groove and kick back at Drax with old mates who don't give a monkeys about the Soul police or the beard strokers.

Long live the puddings and long live white rose soul!!

Loves it!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert