Soul Shack New Show Update Now Confirmed - Starpoint Radio

Well into the Starpoint Radio Groove now in 'The Soul Shack' you can check out recent playlists on the station forum www.starpointradio.com

Firstly sorry for the mix up of the covering show not going out last Sunday between 6pm - 8pm on www.starpointradio.com I had to pre - record the show onto Mini Disc and sent it by post and due to the postal dispute it did not arrive in time.

I can now confirm that 'The Soul Shack' will return on www.starpointradio.com on a brand new slot every Sunday night between 10pm - Midnight and not on the Saturday night slot as first stated, big thanks to Carl Lewis at Starpoint for giving me the chance to join the station and I can promise 'The Soul Shack' magic will return on Sunday November 4th 2007 and then weekly at this superb new slot.

For requests, mentions and dedictaions contact bicknellmark@aol.com

The format of the show will be basically the same playing all the very best in quality hard to find Northern Soul, 60's, 70's, Crossover, reviews and previews of all the latest CD and 45 re-issues, Guest Collectors and DJ's, detailed Venue Spotlights and What's On, Two For The Price Of One features and much more.

You can listen on www.starpointradio.com and on the SKY DIGITAL Channel which you have to tune in on your Sky box but it's really easy to do with full instructions on www.starpointradio.com

Really looking forward to getting back in 'The Soul Shack' and playing a few tunes again.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Final bump just in case you don't know new show starts this coming Sunday November 4th www.starpointradio.com and on SKY - 10pm - Midnight - would love your company.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1192564119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

• Replies 51
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

WILL GET MY SON TO SET "RECORD" IF POSSIBLE,AFTER ALL THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE 'EM FOR!! :yes:

better let Joe see to that Kev, Sunday: 7pm-9pm couple of beers, after 9's = red wine, by 10pm you're tryin to get the sky box to do toasted cheese sarnies. Remember Mark has seen you mentally crash (fag ends in record boxes!!)

No luck needed Mark, best wishes for the show. Good time of night for me, have to be on-line as I'm with Virgin (no comment necessary), but good for listening and scanning ebay 10-12.

See you soon, dean.

Social source share

better let Joe see to that Kev, Sunday: 7pm-9pm couple of beers, after 9's = red wine, by 10pm you're tryin to get the sky box to do toasted cheese sarnies. Remember Mark has seen you mentally crash (fag ends in record boxes!!)

No luck needed Mark, best wishes for the show. Good time of night for me, have to be on-line as I'm with Virgin (no comment necessary), but good for listening and scanning ebay 10-12.

See you soon, dean.

Thanks Dean, see you in December for DKOF do, still coming with you guys I hope???

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

To set you Sky reciever to Starpoint Radio. Please note that once you have selected the channel you don't have to keep retuning back in.

Welcome

~Starpoint Radio has been the real alternative since 1985! We broadcast 24 hrs to Europe on Sky Digital and stream worldwide via the web.

~Starpoint Radio via Sky Digital...

You're just three clicks away from receiving Starpoint Radio via your Sky Digital satellite receiver. First off, you'll need to perform a one-time set up on your Sky digi box. Once you're set up, listening is a breeze !

Setting Up...

1. Press Services

2. Press System Setup

3. Select Add Channels

4. Set Frequency to 11.390 - the remainder stay at their default settings - ie.

Polarisation: V

Symbol Rate (Mbaud): 27.5

FEC:2/3

5. Scroll to Find Channels, then press SELECT

6. Scroll to Starpoint Radio, press YELLOW, then press SELECT

Listening

1. Select Services

2. Select Other Channels

3. Select Starpoint

Social source share

To set you Sky reciever to Starpoint Radio. Please note that once you have selected the channel you don't have to keep retuning back in.

Welcome

~Starpoint Radio has been the real alternative since 1985! We broadcast 24 hrs to Europe on Sky Digital and stream worldwide via the web.

~Starpoint Radio via Sky Digital...

You're just three clicks away from receiving Starpoint Radio via your Sky Digital satellite receiver. First off, you'll need to perform a one-time set up on your Sky digi box. Once you're set up, listening is a breeze !

Setting Up...

1. Press Services

2. Press System Setup

3. Select Add Channels

4. Set Frequency to 11.390 - the remainder stay at their default settings - ie.

Polarisation: V

Symbol Rate (Mbaud): 27.5

FEC:2/3

5. Scroll to Find Channels, then press SELECT

6. Scroll to Starpoint Radio, press YELLOW, then press SELECT

Listening

1. Select Services

2. Select Other Channels

3. Select Starpoint

Thanks for that most helpful, roll on November 4th lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1192564940_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Firstly sorry for the mix up of the covering show not going out last Sunday between 6pm - 8pm on www.starpointradio.com I had to pre - record the show onto Mini Disc and sent it by post and due to the postal dispute it did not arrive in time.

I can now confirm that 'The Soul Shack' will return on www.starpointradio.com on a brand new slot every Sunday night between 10pm - Midnight and not on the Saturday night slot as first stated, big thanks to Carl Lewis at Starpoint for giving me the chance to join the station and I can promise 'The Soul Shack' magic will return on Sunday November 4th 2007 and then weekly at this superb new slot.

The format of the show will be basically the same playing all the very best in quality hard to find Northern Soul, 60's, 70's, Crossover, reviews and previews of all the latest CD and 45 re-issues, Guest Collectors and DJ's, detailed Venue Spotlights and What's On, Two For The Price Of One features and much more.

You can listen on www.starpointradio.com and on the SKY DIGITAL Channel which you have to tune in on your Sky box but it's really easy to do with full instructions on www.starpointradio.com

Really looking forward to getting back in 'The Soul Shack' and playing a few tunes again.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I know some are there already Mark but any chance of some future shows being added to the music section of this site?

I like to listen at work to those shows already there and some new ones would be brilliant! :rolleyes:

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

I know some are there already Mark but any chance of some future shows being added to the music section of this site?

I like to listen at work to those shows already there and some new ones would be brilliant! :rolleyes:

KTF.

Drew.

I'm pretty sure some bright spark out there will be able to do something on this one, Mike....help! I'm not very good at this PC stuff all I can do to record a show in a fashion.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1192566019_thumb.jpg

post-1475-1192566019_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
Social source share

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

:thumbsup: Good news you,re back on the radio Mark, shame solar could,nt sort it ??? anyway ill be tapin it to my mini disc as others i expect, thing is i do mine off my wi-fi net radio, rather than keep the pc on, etc.. Which if any of you have wi-fi i rec you buy one.. good luck Mark, and glad you just dont play the same old stuff, mart.

Social source share

Attention all promoters of Soul nights, Allnighters etc. if you would like a mention on the new show please send full details and information with all dates etc. after November 4th 2007, DJ's, venue details, music policy, admission price etc. to bicknellmark@aol.com will also be providing and offering venue spotlights and very good advertising rates on the station contact www.starpointradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

:) Hi , am i missing sonething ? on starpoint site, say,s the SOUL SHACK is on , at 12 - 2 am . sundays. Yet iv heard it was on early ? damm if i missed it, as it was still Kev Roberts still on sun 8ish last sun. Whats going on ? thanks, Martyn

Hi Martyn, sorry for the confusion mate ok, I was originally offered the 12am - 2am Saturday night slot but then it changed to the new confirmed slot on Sunday nights from 10pm - Midnight www.starpoitradio.com

The first new show goes out on Sunday November 4th 2007 10pm - Midnight and then every Sunday at the same time, there has been a few slot changes at the station and I'm sure the revised information will be updated and show correct on the website.

Trust this clears up your concerns.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi Martyn, sorry for the confusion mate ok, I was originally offered the 12am - 2am Saturday night slot but then it changed to the new confirmed slot on Sunday nights from 10pm - Midnight www.starpoitradio.com

The first new show goes out on Sunday November 4th 2007 10pm - Midnight and then every Sunday at the same time, there has been a few slot changes at the station and I'm sure the revised information will be updated and show correct on the website.

Trust this clears up your concerns.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

:) Ta for that quick reply Mark, shame it is,nt changed on there web site ??? not good. Question for you... are you going to Compile any more cd,s in the near future, as your last 2 were top,s ?? many thanks, Martyn (leic).

Social source share

:) Ta for that quick reply Mark, shame it is,nt changed on there web site ??? not good. Question for you... are you going to Compile any more cd,s in the near future, as your last 2 were top,s ?? many thanks, Martyn (leic).

Thanks Martyn, I'm sure the information on the station site will be amended soon, as for CD's it is something I've alway's wanted to do again and have approached one or two companies over the years to maybe do a 'Best Of The Soul Shack' type of thing but nothing as yet but you never know....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

There is now some information on the 'Starpoint' website home page regarding the start of the new show this coming Sunday and also a predicted playlist for the first show on the forum page, www.starpointradio.com - Starts this coming Sunday November 4th - 10pm - Midnight - 'The Soul Shack' is back make no mistake, for requests, mentions and dedictaions contact bicknellmark@aol.com

www.starpointradio.com and on SKY Digital, full details of how to tune in the service on your SKY box can be found on www.starpointradio.com home page.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Final bump just in case you don't know new show starts this coming Sunday November 4th www.starpointradio.com and on SKY - 10pm - Midnight - would love your company.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Final bump before the new show starts.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

what a show mark

BIG DADDY IS BACK

I am having a few probs trying to get a lock on the channel...so unable to listen at present....damn shame..Delxxx

Social source share

Thanks for that, not a bad first show...more to follow.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

:D Well where to start , Mark 1st good show, top tunes, much better than hearing the same ole, stuff.... BUT how about less , WWW,STARPOIUNT, WWW.STARPOINT, WWW.STARPOINT, ETC,........ on + on, on every track, there abouts... Shame. People Know it,s Starpoint.. don,t they ??? If you have to advertise who you are, how about making a jingle.. nice + easy,... Just a thought Mark, not getting at you mate. just spoils it a bit, cheers Martyn
Social source share

:D Well where to start , Mark 1st good show, top tunes, much better than hearing the same ole, stuff.... BUT how about less , WWW,STARPOIUNT, WWW.STARPOINT, WWW.STARPOINT, ETC,........ on + on, on every track, there abouts... Shame. People Know it,s Starpoint.. don,t they ??? If you have to advertise who you are, how about making a jingle.. nice + easy,... Just a thought Mark, not getting at you mate. just spoils it a bit, cheers Martyn

Just feeling my feet mate, after 7 years on the other station it has taken some doing to get out of old habbits and I was scared of saying the wrong links etc. funny out of all the many emails and feedback I've had since Sunday you are the only negative comment, I am new to Starpoint and it's important to ident the station but perhaps I was a little OTT in the mentions department, I'm still one of the best presenters of this kind and without question the music is first class, as the content increases, venues to mention, requests, mentions and dedication etc. the station idents will get lost in the mix as it was my first show I was working from an empty canvas, plus I've not as yet had any of the station jingles so again very much working with the basics, I can promise more depth and less links in the future.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Just feeling my feet mate, after 7 years on the other station it has taken some doing get out of old habbits and I was scared of saying the wrong links etc. funny out of all the many emails and feedback I've had since Sunday you are the only negative comment, I am new to Starpoint and it's important to ident the station but perhaps I was a little OTT in the mentions department, I'm still one of the best presenters of this kind and without question the music is first class, as the content increases, venues to mention, requests, mentions and dedication etc. the station idents will get lost in the mix as it was my first show I was working from an empty canvas, plus I've not as yet had any of the station jingles so again very much working with the basics, I can promise more depth and less links in the future.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

:D Mark, quick post, yet again, no worries mate, top show as i knew it would be, was,nt pickin at you, except for that one bit, rather hear the good tunes, as im sure you,ll understand, good luck with the show by the way, and i will be tuning in every sun, cheers, Martyn
Social source share

:D Mark, quick post, yet again, no worries mate, top show as i knew it would be, was,nt pickin at you, except for that one bit, rather hear the good tunes, as im sure you,ll understand, good luck with the show by the way, and i will be tuning in every sun, cheers, Martyn

No Martyn, your comments are most welcome, anything and everything to make the show better has to be a plus and your points have been noted.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Starpoint Radio

I am having a few probs trying to get a lock on the channel...so unable to listen at present....damn shame..Delxxx

Hi

If you can explain am sure we can help you to hear Mark's show.

Regards

Carl

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert