"talk To Me"

Guest mrs norman maine

Guest mrs norman maine

This film looks like it might be of interest: based on the life of Washington DJ Ralph 'Petey' Greene. It's out on release Nov 23.

I've no idea what it's like. On the plus side, it's got Don Cheadle and Chiwetel Ejiofor. On the minus side, the ad says that the film is 'inspired by a true story'. Unfortunately, this phrase 'inspires' the same sinking feeling in me as the phrase 'bittersweet comedy.'

Apologies if this link doesn't work, I'm having a bad computer day.

The link didn't work, I'm going for a YouTube clip instead

Edited by mrs norman maine
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest SoulBoogieAlex

I think this film was released november last year. It is already out off the theatres and released on DVD. Great movie, Don Cheedle is faster and snappier than Greene himself :yes:

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

I think this film was released november last year. It is already out off the theatres and released on DVD. Great movie, Don Cheedle is faster and snappier than Greene himself :D

I think it depends where you live Alex. It was released in Stateside cinemas a while ago, but UK release is this week as far as I can ascertain :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest SoulBoogieAlex

I think it depends where you live Alex. It was released in Stateside cinemas a while ago, but UK release is this week as far as I can ascertain :thumbsup:

Odd, I live in the Netherlands, so I assumed the UK would have got it in the European release as well. The movie is well worth the admission, I would love to see it again on the big screen. A real emotional roller coaster ride.

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Anyone heard anything about this film..

Talk to me about a black DJ in the 60's playing soul

More of a story that that but here the link..

already out now

https://www.futuremovies.co.uk/review.asp?ID=740

I started a thread on this a couple of days ago-I can't believe that you don't read my every word, Mischief :rolleyes:

Still, imitation's the sincerest form of flattery.

Could the two threads be linked, might get more 'hits'?

Social source share

I started a thread on this a couple of days ago-I can't believe that you don't read my every word, Mischief :yes:

Sorry been so busy at work... bloody staff more computers thats what we need.. Roberts and computers rather than selfish idiots...

Know where you stand with a computer just turn it off when it freezes and don't do any thing but staff your not even allowed to hit them, to wake um up..

Sorry will look for previous thread.. :rolleyes:

Social source share

I started a thread on this a couple of days ago-I can't believe that you don't read my every word, Mischief :yes:

Threads merged :rolleyes:

Social source share

watched this t'other night, powerful and very funny as well at times. Great film and highly recommend.

Must agree - watched it last night, and did not even break for an interval :lol:

Totally different but highly entertaining with great music to boot (no pun there)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert