Gwen Owens

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

I was always under the impression that the boots of "Wanted" were styrene Monarch presses, and vinyl copies were orig. I know there were two vinyl presses from different plants one ztsc stamped. So... what is a vinyl copy with a Monarch MR and triangle delta? (vo-002-A jj mr, triangle shape then 102402) the numbers indicate a later press, ie boot, but the seller swears its

vinyl. seems iffy...

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

Don't think he knows his vinyl from his styrene! Besides, that number dates it to 1976 anyway..

The guys trying it on, Pete. Numbers don't match a vinyl orig, but he swears the label is moulded on vinyl. Asked him to check and he says deffo not a stuck on label that you could peel off! Seems he knows the diff. Just wondered if there were vinyl boots I wasn't aware of. His scan doesn't show the outside edge of the label, which would be a give-away!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Your seller has a Dean Barlow, it has been repressed or booted for The Jamaican market a guy on ebay said, only have a couple of copies, He sold them for at least 6 month's 1 a week all demos.

You can tell it by the Dean Barlow being bold on the original and the Plug Side is small and not a tall font.

post-6504-1195866487_thumb.jpg

post-6504-1195866547_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Dean Barlow has been repressed or booted for The Jamaican market a guy on ebay said, only have a couple of copies, He sold them for at least 6 month's 1 a week all demos.

This same seller ????.... as I see he's selling a Dean Barlow.... this works monitor is not too clever, LCD that's had hands and fingers all over it to wipe, so can't see it cleary :thumbup: ....

Social source share

I didn't see your post VOS but yep sure he knows what he is doing.

I wonder if there is a bunch of guy's going round the US with a box full of boots at random like those guys who sell speakers from the studio but we have one left for cheap or half price, from the van.

I bet they would use the line he you use ebay, I have a few rare records but my PC broken, buy them off me and sell them on ebay you will make a fortune or a (Clara Hardy Tuna as its know in the trade)

seems strange how copies off rare stuff appear at random over a large area all at once.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

I didn't see your post VOS but yep sure he knows what he is doing.

No worries.... "we" got there.... eventually :D ....

I wonder if there is a bunch of guy's going round the US with a box full of boots

Don't know if it's just me but I find it strange that USA sellers have and offer these boots, a la Gwen Owens, that were done for, and shipped to, the UK back in the 70's.... I often wonder how they, the boots, got back over the pond from where they came :thumbup: .... just an observation I can't quite "get"....

Unless of course they're ex pats "trying it on" to those unaware Brits of what is and isn't a boot and who take take it for granted a USA seller "must" have an original ph34r.gif ....

Ah well.... SWONS....

Social source share

No worries.... "we" got there.... eventually :D ....

Don't know if it's just me but I find it strange that USA sellers have and offer these boots, a la Gwen Owens, that were done for, and shipped to, the UK back in the 70's.... I often wonder how they, the boots, got back over the pond from where they came :thumbup: .... just an observation I can't quite "get"....

Unless of course they're ex pats "trying it on" to those unaware Brits of what is and isn't a boot and who take take it for granted a USA seller "must" have an original ph34r.gif ....

Ah well.... SWONS....

I know it's odd but i have picked up the odd boots that were intended for the UK market Very random and they are probably rarer here than in the uK The ones i bought were either sold by someone knowing they were boots or by people not having a clue of their value original or otherwise However what we appear to have here is something a little more omoinous someone who is aware that they are boots and trying to get them sold at an original price without claiming they are originals Lets face it if you knew the Gwenn Owens was original would you put it up at such a cheap start price? How much do these boots go for now??

DJ

Social source share

Just to complicate things...I have a Gwen Owens I lost a good thing, on green velgo styrene..i thought it was a boot like 'Wanted n needed' but Mr Manship assured me its original and very rare....still prefer it on vinyl (black label) to be honest. So are all the Wanted n Needed vinyl and just the boots styrene?? Anybody else got Lost a good thing on hissypissy styrene?

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert