I Can't Believe The Price On These

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAGES-Heartaches-And...1QQcmdZViewItem

I won one on Ebay a few years ago but sent it back (The guy was real good cause I had had it for 2 weeks if not more), poor sound quality reissue, Crazy.

It seems to be quiet a hard record to get unless I am mistaking the boots for real ones.

post-6504-1196855631_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAGES-Heartaches-And...1QQcmdZViewItem

I won one on Ebay a few years ago but sent it back (The guy was real good cause I had had it for 2 weeks if not more), poor sound quality reissue, Crazy.

It seems to be quiet a hard record to get unless I am mistaking the boots for real ones.

No, pretty sure looking at it, it's definately a boot - you can tell from the colour, the print and the matrix info (I sold my original to Tommy from the Oslo Soul Ex a few years back and sent him the exact matrix details which differed from the boot...which I got in the deal :D - pretty sure the writing was either all upper case or all lowercase) If you have both in your hand it's blatantly obvious but if not then I guess it's confusing.

That said I guess even the boots are 'scarce' now which would explain the interest?

Social source share

the copy i had,was the same as this.

bot if for a £5 off pete widdison @ morecambe scooter rally 1986.

always took it as a boot cause of the messy label & sound quality.

sold it last year for £5(took me a few years to get rid of it).

was lots of boots on the go,i thot.

Social source share

the copy i had,was the same as this.

bot if for a £5 off pete widdison @ morecambe scooter rally 1986.

always took it as a boot cause of the messy label & sound quality.

sold it last year for £5(took me a few years to get rid of it).

was lots of boots on the go,i thot.

Know what you mean my was the same, messy print and sounded like it was recorded of another record cause the crackles had no significance the record was perfect.

Social source share

I know a little bit about the origin of this bootleg

the original was bought off Soul Bowl for £20 around 1981 by a well known collector in North Notts. He was pestered to death by the guy who bootlegged it (and several hundred other titles) and sold for it cash and other originals. about £80 worth i think

The label was done on an early colour photo copier-but print is slightly blured and not sharp

Within a week the bootleg appeared and was selling at £8.00 a copy ( an obvious boot of a Northern record was around £2-£3) being passed off as part of a find in the USA. I got one for £4 when the fuss died down then "found" an original 45 in Detroit around 1987.

really a very hard to find record on an original.

Rob

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert