Peabo Bryson - Why Don't You Make Up Your Mind

PEABO BRYSON - WHY DON'T YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND

L J REYNOLDS - KEY TO THE WORLD

Just wondering if there are many "Oldies" type artists who have got one foot in the oldies camp and one in Modern?

Archie Bell and The Dells Where do you go when the party's over, great sound and a brilliant example of a band moving on and altering their musical stylee.

The Dells are another?

Oh and I threw Peabo Bryson in coz its ace! biggrin.gif Can some one please start playing it again.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wondering if there are many "Oldies" type artists who have got one foot in the oldies camp and one in Modern?

Archie Bell and The Dells Where do you go when the party's over, great sound and a brilliant example of a band moving on and altering their musical stylee.

The Dells are another?

Oh and I threw Peabo Bryson in coz its ace! :yes: Can some one please start playing it again.

Peabo Bryson................what a choon. Brian Scott from Bonnyrigg Soul Club put me onto it a couple of years ago. Totally agree.............needs more plays!!!! thumbsup.gif

cheers,

John Mc.

Social source share

Guest shaunmarie

Peabo Bryson................what a choon. Brian Scott from Bonnyrigg Soul Club put me onto it a couple of years ago. Totally agree.............needs more plays!!!! :thumbsup:

cheers,

John Mc.

wotcha john :boxing: ive been playing this out for a fair few years now and it tends to get a bad reaction !!! god knows why , needs a few more to push it could be more if people get to hear it

b good shaun thumbup.gif

J20 THE WYCLIFFE ROOMS LUTTERWORTH APRIL 12TH

FOR THAT ESSENTIAL 70s CHOON

Social source share

The Dells are another?

Oh and I threw Peabo Bryson in coz its ace! :thumbsup: Can some one please start playing it again.

o

Got to agree - Peabo Bryson top top tune!

Social source share

Agreed, fabulous. From "Turn the hands of time" LP (Capitol 1981). "I've been down" from said LP is also brilliant. One of the greatest voices around, such a pity most of his recent music has been MOR.

PB is one of those artists / voices that promised so much , but went MOR in order to gain success .......

Except for the dire " Tonight I'll Sellotape My Glove " outing with Roberta Flack . that success has not been forthcoming .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

PB is one of those artists / voices that promised so much , but went MOR in order to gain success .......

Except for the dire " Tonight I'll Sellotape My Glove " outing with Roberta Flack . that success has not been forthcoming .......

Malc Burton

I've got a couple of his early albums - some nice balads if I recall correctly - not that I do that often!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Isley Brothers were relevant in the 50´s, 60´s, 70´s, 80´s, 90´s, and they are still around. They became less funky and hard-hitting, somewhere around the mid 80´s they had fully reverted to their much softer and modern approach.

Social source share

wotcha john thumbsup.gif ive been playing this out for a fair few years now and it tends to get a bad reaction !!! god knows why , needs a few more to push it could be more if people get to hear it

b good shaun :lol:

J20 THE WYCLIFFE ROOMS LUTTERWORTH APRIL 12TH

FOR THAT ESSENTIAL 70s CHOON

Hi Shaun,

sent you a P.M. mate. :lol:

cheers,

John Mc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!