Charletta

Around 1981 (end of Wigan /Clifton Hall) Richard Searling played a track by 'Charletta' entitled 'Lies' Could have been a cover up.

Any body any info/sound clip.

Chalky ? Awake 502 ?

Thanks

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Around 1981 (end of Wigan /Clifton Hall) Richard Searling played a track by 'Charletta' entitled 'Lies' Could have been a cover up.

Chalky ? Awake 502 ?

Thanks

Steve

link

Unreleased Harthon recording, same backing as Four Larks "I Still Love You", there are alternate versions by Gwen Owens and Sharon Paige, pretty sure Richard S. still has Carletta.

Social source share

Unreleased Harthon recording, same backing as Four Larks "I Still Love You", there are alternate versions by Gwen Owens and Sharon Paige, pretty sure Richard S. still has Carletta.

link

Thanks Tony. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks Tony. :thumbsup:

link

I've got Carletta. Honestly don't remember it sounding anything like a Harthon production though. Steve if you want it I'll dig it out but it's on a tape so I'd have to tape it, convert to cd, transfer to pc, make into mp3, post it up, so actually forget everything I just said, I haven't got it.

Social source share

Chalky ? Awake 502 ?

Thanks

Steve

Should have come out on Sussex as " Purple Mist " - hopefully a file of it will be attached here .Best ,Eddie .

Social source share

Should have come out on Sussex as " Purple Mist " - hopefully a file of it will be attached  here .Best ,Eddie .

link

One of my all time top 1, absolutely love it, memories of first getting into new sounds and meeting Dave Molloy thanks to Searlings regular trips North of Border late 70's. this is my Northern Soul heaven, cant wait to get home and listen!

Re the unnissued Sussex one that Dicky had, thought that had changed hands and Rob M had it for a while, anyone remember or was that one of Robs cuts!!

That has made my day!!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

link

Any info on the Gwen Owens Mel-ady 45 ?

Social source share

One of my all time top 1, absolutely love it, memories of first getting into new sounds and meeting Dave Molloy thanks to Searlings regular trips North of Border late 70's. this is my Northern Soul heaven, cant wait to get home and listen!

Re the unnissued Sussex one that Dicky had, thought that had changed hands and Rob M had it for a while, anyone remember or was that one of Robs cuts!!

That has made my day!!

Cheers

Jock

link

Yes, one of Rob's cuts as was the inst., thought it had come from Mr. Raistrick??

Social source share

Any info on the Gwen Owens Mel-ady 45 ?

link

Yes, pressed by Ady Pearce in conjunction with Weldon McDougal III, Gwen was apparently cutting some demos for Jubilee in Philly when Weldon asked to test out a few tunes as a favour. Ady probably still has a few copies under the stairs.

Social source share

Yes, pressed by Ady Pearce in conjunction with Weldon McDougal III, Gwen was apparently cutting some demos for Jubilee in Philly when Weldon asked to test out a few tunes as a favour. Ady probably still has a few copies under the stairs.

link

Cheers Tony

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert