Just Sunshine - The Voices Of East Harlem - Cashing In

45cellar

• Replies 15
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Just_Sunshine_Records_JSA-510a_Matr.gif

This Is The One That's In Dispute. I must admit to having bought it from a Source

where there was a higher proportion of Boots/ Counterfeits.

It is on Vinyl, but does have a "Bell Sound" Stamp (Both Sides), albeit on slight angle.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Itcould just be the angle on the pic but the 'B' in Bell sound appears to be different - any chance of a clearer close up?

Yes, I will try again Tomorrow.

When I noticed the the Original Post in

Look At Your Box the Day Light was going

Should get a better picture in Daylight.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Just_Sunshine_Records_JSA-510a_Matr.gif

This Is The One That's In Dispute. I must admit to having bought it from a Source

where there was a higher proportion of Boots/ Counterfeits.

It is on Vinyl, but does have a "Bell Sound" Stamp (Both Sides), albeit on slight angle.

this looks very like the bootleg picture in manships guide 5th edition "with fake bell sound stamp"

gogs

Social source share

this looks very like the bootleg picture in manships guide 5th edition "with fake bell sound stamp"

gogs

Thanks Mate, I haven't bought a copy of the 5th Edition Yet.

Someone went to a lot of trouble if it is a fake Stamp.

I will attempt a close up of this "Bell Sound" Stamp.

AND Compare.

Update: 07-01-09

Just_Sunshine_matrix.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

My issue is styrene but looking at the demo on here the production credits on the right hand side my copy hascurtis mayfield on two lines and has no intro or fade times. was there more than one pressing

cheers

Ian

Social source share

My issue is styrene but looking at the demo on here the production credits on the right hand side my copy hascurtis mayfield on two lines and has no intro or fade times. was there more than one pressing

cheers

Ian

Yes, I have seen different Label Variations on the Original.

Social source share

I just did a close comparison between the "Bell Sound" stamp on my original styrene issue copy and the photos of the bootleg/second issue that has been posted above. The stamps are VERY similar but they are different and both records can not have been pressed from the same stampers. For example: look at how the "line" in the letter "B" leans differently in each of the scans below.

voeh.jpg

Social source share

I just did a close comparison between the "Bell Sound" stamp on my original styrene issue copy and the photos of the bootleg/second issue that has been posted above. The stamps are VERY similar but they are different and both records can not have been pressed from the same stampers. For example: look at how the "line" in the letter "B" leans differently in each of the scans below.

voeh.jpg

These are Excellent, Thanks Sebastian.

Does show the Difference Clearly, The STAMP must have been quite a lot of trouble to make, no doubt.

In the Case of "The Voices Of East Harlem" ALL THAT AND THEN A POOR LABEL for the BOOT.

I wonder if any other records have this fake Stamp :thumbsup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just purchased a issue copy of this. Which, from photos I've seen of it, looks very much like the demo in the picture in the first post. Not received it yet but I'll be having a good look at it when it does arrive.

I'll post up my findings.

A bit later than first anticipated, but better late than never.

The issue copy I got is more or less the same as the Demo in the top post. Obviously there is no reference to Promo on there and there are ni 'Intro' or 'Fade' times. Otherwise it is exactly the same. Might be the scan/picture but this issue looks a more light cream colour.

The 'Bell Sound' stamp is in the same place relative to the 'Just Sunshine' logo and the matrix number is etched 'PMB-27815-AS-1-1-1'. Directly opposite at 6 oclock to the etched matrix is an etched 'PR'. There is also what looks like 'SR' lightly etched on both sides about an inch from the 'Bell Sound' stamp.

I'll have to get this scanner sorted out so I can contribute a few piccy's.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A bit later than first anticipated, but better late than never.

The issue copy I got is more or less the same as the Demo in the top post. Obviously there is no reference to Promo on there and there are ni 'Intro' or 'Fade' times. Otherwise it is exactly the same. Might be the scan/picture but this issue looks a more light cream colour.

The 'Bell Sound' stamp is in the same place relative to the 'Just Sunshine' logo and the matrix number is etched 'PMB-27815-AS-1-1-1'. Directly opposite at 6 oclock to the etched matrix is an etched 'PR'. There is also what looks like 'SR' lightly etched on both sides about an inch from the 'Bell Sound' stamp.

I'll have to get this scanner sorted out so I can contribute a few piccy's.

Many Thanks For The Info,

Hope You Get Scanner Sorted Out.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert