5 Wants ( Also Added At My Last "10 Wants" Topic )

Guest redstripe

Guest redstripe

vg ++ or better condition please help :

- Judy Freeman - Hold On - RCA

- Zu Zu Blues Band - Zu Zu Man - A&M

- 21st Century - Coming Right Back - Dot

- Winstons - Ain´t Nothing Like A Little Lovin - Curtom

- Clyde McPhatter - Chinatown - (only LP Track ?) :thumbup:

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest redstripe

21st Century on Dot or NOEL

- Clyde McPhatter - Chinatown - (only LP Track ?) :thumbsup:

Social source share

HI JOHN.... DONT KNOW THIS Clyde McPhatter - Chinatown - (only LP Track ?) IS IT THE SAME AS VICTOR KNIGHTS CHINATOWN ??

CHEERS ??

STEVE T

Hi Steve. The very same! More soulful in my opinion. Written by Howard Greenfield who did all the hits with Neil Sedaka + the great theme from Bewitched! The Clyde LP is Songs Of The Big City which has 5 Jimmy Radcliffe songs and the best version of Shelter Of Your Arms IMO. Chinatown didn't come out on a 45 in the UK or USA according to discogs but may have elsewhere. 'Redstripe' doesn't want my LP (looking for a 45) so it's for sale at £45 inc postage. In M-/M- condition. Great & Rare LP if anyone wants it.

John

Social source share

Hi Steve. The very same! More soulful in my opinion. Written by Howard Greenfield who did all the hits with Neil Sedaka + the great theme from Bewitched! The Clyde LP is Songs Of The Big City which has 5 Jimmy Radcliffe songs and the best version of Shelter Of Your Arms IMO. Chinatown didn't come out on a 45 in the UK or USA according to discogs but may have elsewhere. 'Redstripe' doesn't want my LP (looking for a 45) so it's for sale at £45 inc postage. In M-/M- condition. Great & Rare LP if anyone wants it.

John

I'll second that.

"Songs of the Big City" is one of the great soul LPs, but sadly overlooked even by many soul fans.

In fact, IMHO it's Clyde McPhatter's greatest work.

It also contains the best version of "Three Rooms and Running Water"

Social source share

I'll second that.

"Songs of the Big City" is one of the great soul LPs, but sadly overlooked even by many soul fans.

In fact, IMHO it's Clyde McPhatter's greatest work.

It also contains the best version of "Three Rooms and Running Water"

A great LP!

I think "2nd window 2nd floor" off that album deserves a mention as well, it's on the recent "in the naked city" Kent CD too.

Social source share

John

hi John

thanks for getting back to me , was over at gary beatie yesterday so i could have picked the bloody thing up of you lol biggrin.gif

will take it off you send you cash monday mate !! gary has had bowl cancer just in case you did,nt no john but touch wood he is in the clear now thumbsup.gif

cheers steve T

Social source share

- Clyde McPhatter - Chinatown - (only LP Track ?) unsure.gif

REDSTRIPE SORRY TO HIGHJACK YOUR THREAD MATE ....BUT I THINK I GOT A SPARE JUDY FREEMAN WILL CHECK LATER TODAY UN LET YOU KNOW

BEST STEVE T

Social source share

hi John

thanks for getting back to me , was over at gary beatie yesterday so i could have picked the bloody thing up of you lol :ohmy:

will take it off you send you cash monday mate !! gary has had bowl cancer just in case you did,nt no john but touch wood he is in the clear now :rolleyes:

cheers steve T

Cheers Steve. Sorry to hear about Gary. Horrible disease. Let's hope he'll fully recover.

ATB, John

Social source share

Guest redstripe

updated 2 records left !!

Social source share