Rufus Wood

Guest Rich Walker

Guest Rich Walker

Hi all, i've been after this 45 for a while. However, i'm a bit worried about the seller.

What do you guys think?

Rufus Wood

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Rich.

P.S... Has this been booted? What should I look out for?

Edited by Rich Walker
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi all, i've been after this 45 for a while. However, i'm a bit worried about the seller.

What do you guys think?

Rufus Wood

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Rich.

Hi Rich, I can't comment on the seller mate but what i will say is this is a pressing/second issue call it what you will, the original is green with blue script and is a pretty hard record to locate £500.00 plus, the boots are pretty hard to find too, two great sides on this record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi Rich, I can't comment on the seller mate but what i will say is this is a pressing/second issue call it what you will, the original is green with blue script and is a pretty hard record to locate £500.00 plus, the boots are pretty hard to find too, two great sides on this record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark

Just to make it more difficult, it came out in two original formats, blue print and black. Need runout groove info, where's Johnny M.

Dave

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Thanks mark. Thats a big help. :thumbsup:

Don't suppose you know where I could find a soundclip of Ghettoville do you?

Thanks again.

All the best,

Rich.

Social source share

The black print copies are second issues (as far as I'm aware). The matrix will have 'RE' scratched in after the number.

If truth be told, I'm led to believe that these are legitimate US second issues taken from the original stamper.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

The black print copies are second issues (as far as I'm aware). The matrix will have 'RE' scratched in after the number.

If truth be told, I'm led to believe that these are legitimate US second issues taken from the original stamper.

Cheers Gene, where did you get that information from just out of interest.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Cheers Gene, where did you get that information from just out of interest.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

My own copy Mark! Although I did hear an inkling a year ago that it was legit (can't remember where though - may have been a forum topic here).

Social source share

Mine has LH - 5117 - RE scratched into the run out groove.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

That's interesting Mark - yours is a defo original. Wonder if they all have RE scratched into the run-out? And where's John when you need him! :thumbsup:

Curioser and curioser, as Alice said............................

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Cheers for all the info guys.

So, what should I be looking for on an original?

Blue font on a green label with the matrix number: LH - 5117 - RE ?

Was the 2nd press properly licenced?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Rich.

Social source share

Cheers for all the info guys.

So, what should I be looking for on an original?

Blue font on a green label with the matrix number: LH - 5117 - RE ?

Was the 2nd press properly licenced?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Rich.

the other 2 records he has for sale look like boots too
Social source share

The blue text is the FIRST PRESS

Black text is the SECOND PRESS the second press used the original stampers so the deadwax matrix is identical.

So the Black Text is not a BOOTLEG just a second press circa 1976..

Blue Text is £500+

Black text has sold for as much as a £100

hope that helps

Social source share

The blue text is the FIRST PRESS

Black text is the SECOND PRESS the second press used the original stampers so the deadwax matrix is identical.

So the Black Text is not a BOOTLEG just a second press circa 1976..

Blue Text is £500+

Black text has sold for as much as a £100

hope that helps

Thank's John i was half right then..lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest martyn

Mine has LH - 5117 - RE scratched into the run out groove.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Lovelly scan of an all time great :thumbsup: .........I bet you just love Ian Gill though :(

Social source share

Lovelly scan of an all time great :thumbsup: .........I bet you just love Ian Gill though :(

Martyn, how odd you mentioned Ian Gill??? i got my copy from a collector in Sweden a few years back and i noticed 'Ian Gillbrand' written in the run out groove..i take it that's what you are refering too?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Martyn, how odd you mentioned Ian Gill??? i got my copy from a collector in Sweden a few years back and i noticed 'Ian Gillbrand' written in the run out groove..i take it that's what you are refering too?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

So you're the one who got Hasse's copy? That guy has got quite a collection! Not to mention his reggae stuff! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thank's John i was half right then..lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mr. Bicknell we're DJing together in April..is this an all-time first?? I'm looking forward seeing you again.

John

Social source share

Mr. Bicknell we're DJing together in April..is this an all-time first?? I'm looking forward seeing you again.

John

Hi John

Memory is getting poor these days, but I'm sure there was a green bootleg but with one of those nasty paper lables with lots of bubbles under the label. Bit like one of the east coast pressing plants ?

Hows the King Of Soul :thumbsup:

Dave

Social source share

John

We certainly are Mr Manship, however you have better records in your 'bargain basement' than i have in my DJ box so it should be interesting....lol be good to cath up and perhaps discuss 'Manships Selections' returning on the show....and yes i think this is a first for us DJ'ing at the same venue on the same night, really looking forward to it John...see you there.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

hello,i purchased the rufus wood 45 at a st ives all-nighter in the mid 70s when it was a big tune,plus i also have copys of the sellers other two 45s,billy woods and the gems,all three of the sellers 45s look exactly the same as my copys and i know they are boots i think they cost me about £1-ish?? at the time,cant look for them now they are up in the dreaded loft somewhere...soulie55 :lol::thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert