Pandora?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have one of these. Had it long time now. Real memory jerker. For some reason I have it down as a West Coast label? Anone confirm any details?

Hi Dave,

A bit of a puzzler this one, haven't seen the Pandora one for years ( a mate got one off Soul Bowl for 75 back in the 80's), all the production credits etc. on Mohawk are New York, are any of the label credits on Pandora different?

Social source share

Hi Dave,

A bit of a puzzler this one, haven't seen the Pandora one for years ( a mate got one off Soul Bowl for 75 back in the 80's), all the production credits etc. on Mohawk are New York, are any of the label credits on Pandora different?

Hi Tony,

My 45s are sat in the customs shed in Valencia so I've nothing to pull and check but the cat# for the Pandora copy is begins with an 'M'. Could this be M-Mohawk? Bert Keys poduction but could it possibly have been leased to Pandora AFTER the Mohawk release? I can't remember why I have it as a West Coast item. Maybe just the result of a conversation or something. Never seen anything else on Pandora at all. Who owned the Mohawk label. I'm sure it's distribution details are on the label?

Social source share

Lovely looking label,wich state is it from?

I discovered the very first copy of this 45 in 1976. I found it in a Salvation Army for in Tampa, Florida. Joe Scott took me there and said there would be a few records to browse,within a minute the Pandora 45 appeared, I was thrilled to say the least.

Florida may be a good bet, Da Coasta is a pretty common name in those parts as Miami has a huge Spanish population. But I'm not sure. I have a copy at the moment, I've always though the recording was stronger on Pandora. I may test my theory later, if I get the time.

PS Mohawk was a 1969 press and distributed Nationally by Jay-Gee ie. Josie, Jubilee set-up.

The styrene copy were pressed by Monach, the vinyl copies have LW, a matrix mark which appears on the Dionn group of labels etc.

It is very unlikely Pandora is not the first label, as it uses a totally different masterplate. The M being a coincidence. Yes! I've just played the TWO, they are different recordings!

Edited by john manship
Social source share

I discovered the very first copy in 1976, I found it in a Salvation Army for in Tampa, Florida. Joe Scott took me there and said there would be a few records to browse,within a minute the Pandora 45 appeared, I was thrilled to say the least.

Florida may be a good bet, Da Coasta is a pretty common name in those parts as Miami has a huge hispanic population. But I'm not sure. I have a copy at the moment, I've always though the recording was stronger on Pandora. I may test my theory later, if I get the time.

Cheers john, i heard it was a slightly different take, maybe they meant as you say a stronger recording :thumbsup:

Social source share

I discovered the very first copy of this 45 in 1976. I found it in a Salvation Army for in Tampa, Florida. Joe Scott took me there and said there would be a few records to browse,within a minute the Pandora 45 appeared, I was thrilled to say the least.

Florida may be a good bet, Da Coasta is a pretty common name in those parts as Miami has a huge Spanish population. But I'm not sure. I have a copy at the moment, I've always though the recording was stronger on Pandora. I may test my theory later, if I get the time.

PS Mohawk was a 1969 press and distributed Nationally by Jay-Gee ie. Josie, Jubilee set-up.

The styrene copy were pressed by Monach, the vinyl copies have LW, a matrix mark which appears on the Dionn group of labels etc.

It is very unlikely Pandora is not the first label, as it uses a totally different masterplate. The M being a coincidence. Yes! I've just played the TWO, they are different recordings!

PS. I may be wrong but I do recall finding something else on Pandora and being totally disappointed as it was awful.. I'll try and recall what it was.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert